|View/Edit Human||View/Edit Mouse|
NK3 homeobox 2 also known as NKX3-2 is a human gene. It is a homolog of bagpipe(bap) in Drosophila and therefore also known as Bapx1 (bagpipe homeobox homolog 1) . The protein encoded by this gene is a homeo domain containing transcription factor.
- "Human PubMed Reference:".
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:".
- Yoshiura KI, Murray JC (October 1997). "Sequence and chromosomal assignment of human BAPX1, a bagpipe-related gene, to 4p16.1: a candidate gene for skeletal dysplasia". Genomics. 45 (2): 425–8. doi:10.1006/geno.1997.4926. PMID 9344671.
- Lettice L, Hecksher-Sørensen J, Hill R (2001). "The role of Bapx1 (Nkx3.2) in the development and evolution of the axial skeleton". J. Anat. 199 (Pt 1–2): 181–7. doi:10.1111/j.1469-7580.2008.00944.x. PMC 1594973. PMID 11523821.
- Tucker AS, Watson RP, Lettice LA, Yamada G, Hill RE (2004). "Bapx1 regulates patterning in the middle ear: altered regulatory role in the transition from the proximal jaw during vertebrate evolution". Development. 131 (6): 1235–1245. doi:10.1242/dev.01017. PMID 14973294.