Municipalities of the canton of Graubünden
Municipalities in the canton of Graubünden
There are 114 municipalities in the canton of Graubünden, Switzerland (as of January 2016).
- January 1, 2002
- Camuns, Surcasti, Tersnaus and Uors-Peiden merged to form the municipality of Suraua.
- January 1, 2003
- Donath and Patzen-Fardün merged to form Donat. The place name "Donath" is changed to "Donat", "Patzen" to "Pazen" and "Fardün" to "Farden".
- January 1, 2006
- Medels im Rheinwald and Splügen merged to form Splügen.
- January 1, 2007
- St. Antönien and St. Antönien Ascharina merged to form St. Antönien.
- January 1, 2008
- Ausserferrera and Innerferrera merged to form Ferrera.
- St. Peter GR and Pagig merged to form St. Peter-Pagig.
- Says and Trimmis merged to form Trimmis.
- January 1, 2009
- Wiesen and Davos merged to form Davos.
- Feldis/Veulden, Scheid, Trans and Tumegl/Tomils merged to form Tomils.
- Tschierv, Fuldera, Lü, Valchava, Santa Maria Val Müstair and Müstair merged to form Val Müstair.
- Flond and Surcuolm merged to form Mundaun.
- Tschiertschen and Praden merged to form Tschiertschen-Praden.
- Andeer, Clugin and Pignia merged to form Andeer.
- January 1, 2010
- Bondo, Castasegna, Soglio, Stampa and Vicosoprano merged to form Bregaglia.
- Cazis, Portein, Präz, Sarn and Tartar merged to form Cazis.
- Parpan, Malix and Churwalden merged to form Churwalden.
- January 1, 2012
- Igis and Mastrils merged to form Landquart.
- January 1, 2013
- Ramosch and Tschlin merged to form Valsot.
- Valendas, Versam, Safien and Tenna merged to form Safiental.
- Arosa, Calfreisen, Castiel, Lüen, St. Peter-Pagig, Langwies, Molinis and Peist merged to form Arosa
- Cumbel, Degen, Lumbrein, Morissen, Suraua, Vignogn, Vella and Vrin merged to form Lumnezia.
- January 1, 2014
- Castrisch, Duvin, Ilanz, Ladir, Luven, Pigniu, Pitasch, Riein, Rueun, Ruschein, Schnaus, Sevgein and Siat merged to form Ilanz/Glion
- January 1, 2015
- Alvaneu, Alvaschein, Brienz/Brinzauls, Mon, Switzerland, Surava, Stierva and Tiefencastel merged to form Albula/Alvra.
- St. Martin and Vals merged to form Vals.
- Almens, Paspels, Pratval, Rodels and Tomils merged to form Domleschg.
- Ardez, Ftan, Guarda, Scuol, Sent and Tarasp merged to form Scuol.
- Lavin, Susch and Zernez merged to form Zernez.
- Arvigo, Braggio, Cauco and Selma merged to form Calanca.
- January 1, 2016
- Bivio, Cunter, Marmorera, Mulegns, Riom-Parsonz, Salouf, Savognin, Sur and Tinizong-Rona merged to form Surses.
- Mundaun and Obersaxen merged to form Obersaxen Mundaun.
- Klosters-Serneus and Saas im Prättigau merged to form Klosters-Serneus.
- Luzein and St. Antönien merged to form Luzein.
- January 1, 2017 (planned)
- Grono, Leggia and Verdabbio merged to form Grono.
- Bergün and Filisur merged to form Bergün-Filisur.
- Hinterrhein, Nufenen, Splügen and Sufers merged to form Rheinwald.
- Mutten and Thusis merged to form Thusis.