The palace was commissioned by King Vajiravudh to serve as a holiday villa. The king drafted the designs for the villa, which consists of sixteen teak buildings raised by concrete pillars and linked together by a series of walkways. Construction took place during 1923–24, and was overseen by Italian architect Ercole Manfredi.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mrigadayavan Palace.|
- Tourism Authority of Thailand. "Mrigadayavan Palace" (information sign).