Mott House (Columbus, Georgia)
Mott House from a Historic American Buildings Survey photograph from 1936
|Location||Front Ave., Columbus, Georgia|
|Coordinates||32°28′22″N 84°59′39″W / 32.47278°N 84.99417°WCoordinates: 32°28′22″N 84°59′39″W / 32.47278°N 84.99417°W|
|NRHP Reference #||74000698|
|Added to NRHP||December 3, 1974|
The Mott House was constructed in 1839. It was first home to local businessmen James Calhoun and Daniel Griffin, then purchased by Randolph Lawler Mott in 1856. Mott, the house's namesake and prominent Union sympathizer, would later oversee its placement in the history books during the American Civil War. During the Battle of Columbus, the final battle of the Civil War, the Mott House served as the headquarters of the Union General James H. Wilson.
Following the construction of the TSYS campus in 1999, the Mott House was deemed to remain in its original location, between the newly constructed main TSYS office building and its parking garage (a former cotton mill) along the banks of the Chattahoochee River. In 2013, a renovation of the Mott House began, consisting of many added facilities. During the early morning of September 7, 2014, the Mott House caught fire, later determined to be a total loss.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Williams, Chuck (7 September 2016). "History in ruins: Riverfront Mott House a total loss in Sunday fire". Ledger Enquirer.
- Adams, Tony (14 May 2015). "TSYS to 'memorialize' historic Mott House site after its fiery demise in 2014". Ledger Enquirer.
- Adams, Tony (20 August 2013). "TSYS to restore historic Mott House overlooking Chattahoochee River". Ledger Enquirer. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Historic Columbus building is being memorialized". WLTZ. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 22 April 2016.