|No. 8 Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Date of birth||January 7, 1990|
|Place of birth||Alva, Oklahoma|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||231 lb (105 kg)|
|High school||Alva (OK)|
|2015||Hamilton Tiger Cats|
Mitchell Gale (born January 7, 1990) is an American football quarterback for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Abilene Christian University and attended Alva High School in Alva, Oklahoma.
Gale was a four year starter at Abilene Christian University. He threw for 97 touchdowns and over 12,000 career yards. Gale and former ACU quarterback Billy Malone became just the third pair of teammates to throw for over 12,000 yards.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||221 lb||5.01 s||1.69 s||2.97 s||4.67 s||7.29 s||29 1⁄2 in||8 ft 6 in|
|All values from Abilene Christian Pro Day|
Gale was signed by the Toronto Argonauts on May 16, 2013. He was released by the Argonauts on September 2, 2015.
Gale signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on November 3, 2015.
On July 2, 2016, Gale and Matt Sewell were traded to the Saskatchewan Roughriders for Shawn Lemon and a conditional 2018 CFL Draft pick. In Week 4 starting quarterback Darian Durant left the game in the early second quarter, thrusting Mitchell Gale into the starting role. Gale made his first career CFL start on July 22, throwing for 354 yards and one touchdown in a come-from-behind victory at home over the Ottawa Redblacks, which was the Roughriders' first win of the 2016 campaign. Gale would also start the following week before Durant returned from his leg injury. Having been eliminated from playoff contention the Riders started Gale at quarterback for the final week of the season. He finished the season having completed 79 out of 137 pass attempts (58%) for 937 yards with 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.
- "ADMIRALS INSIDER - GALE'S BATTLE UNDER CENTRE". argonauts.ca. June 2, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "Mitchell Gale - 2011 Football". acusports.com. Archived from the original on February 8, 2015. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "Mitchell Gale". acusports.com. Archived from the original on March 10, 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "Mitchell Gale". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Ex-ACU QB Mitchell Gale headed to St. Louis this week for Rams' rookie mini-camp". acusports.com. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- "Mitchell Gale: The Learning Process". argosadmirals.com. May 31, 2013. Archived from the original on August 11, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "ARGONAUTS ADD PIVOT MITCHELL GALE". argonauts.ca. May 16, 2013. Archived from the original on February 8, 2015. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "Tiger-Cats Sign Quarterback Mitchell Gale". oursportscentral.com. November 3, 2015. Archived from the original on January 28, 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Zicarelli, Frank (June 12, 2016). "Gale heeding Argonauts' call". torontosun.com. Archived from the original on June 17, 2016. Retrieved June 17, 2016.
- "Riders trade Lemon to Argos for Sewell, Gale". tsn.ca. July 2, 2016. Archived from the original on July 2, 2016. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Durant sidelined by injury; Gale in for Riders". CFL.ca. 2016-07-16. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Roughriders rally to 1st win of the season over Redblacks". The Canadian Press. CBC News. 23 July 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Riders decide to rest dinged-up Durant, so three backup QBs to face Lions". Vancouver Sun. 2016-11-05. Retrieved 2016-11-07.