|Croatian Basketball Federation|
June 30, 1938|
Zagreb, Kingdom of Yugoslavia
Mirko Novosel (born June 30, 1938 in Zagreb, Kingdom of Yugoslavia) is a retired Croatian basketball player, referee and coach. He was enshrined into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on 7 September 2007.
Novosel played club basketball from 1952 to 1966.
As a coach, Novosel led the Yugoslavian national team to the silver medal at the 1974 FIBA World Championship, the silver medal at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, and the bronze medal at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics.
- 1967-71 Lokomotiva
- 1971-72 Yugoslavia (Juniors)
- 1972-76 Yugoslavia
- 1976-85 Cibona (1984-85 not in domestic competitions)
- .....1980 Yugoslavia (Assistant Coach)
- .....1984 Yugoslavia
- 1986-88 Cibona
- 1988-90 Napoli
- .....1993 Croatia
- FIBA European Champions Cup: 1 (with Cibona: 1984-85)
- FIBA European Cup Winner's Cup: 2 (with Cibona: 1981-82, 1986-87)
- FIBA European Champions Cup - top 6 (with Cibona: 1982-83)
- FIBA Korać Cup - finalist (with Cibona: 1979-80, 1987-88)
- Yugoslav League: 2 (with Cibona: 1981-82, 1983-84)
- Yugoslav Cup: 6 (with Cibona: 1968-69 (under the name Lokomotiva), 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1987-88)
| Succeeded by|