|Date of birth:||May 22, 1972|
|Place of birth:||Kellogg, Idaho|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||179 lb (81 kg)|
|High school:||Spokane (WA) Central Valley|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Michael Shane Hollis (born May 22, 1972) is a former professional American football placekicker in the National Football League. He spent most of his nine-year professional career with the Jacksonville Jaguars, kicking for the team from 1995–2001 and setting several team records. He then played for the Buffalo Bills and New York Giants before retiring after an injury in 2003.
Born in Kellogg, Idaho, Hollis grew up in eastern Washington in the Spokane area and graduated from Central Valley High School in 1990. He kicked for the University of Idaho in 1992 and 1993, after two seasons at Wenatchee Valley College.
Hollis was signed as an undrafted free agent by the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars in the team's inaugural 1995 season. He played for the Jaguars for seven seasons, setting a number of the new club's kicking records. He was released following the 2001 season and was picked up by the Buffalo Bills, for whom he played for one season in 2002. He was signed by the New York Giants in 2003, but missed the 2003 season after being placed on injured reserve after hurting his back, a problem he battled for several seasons. He never recovered from the injury and failed his physical in March 2004, ending his NFL career.
- Sullivan, Tim (March 31, 2002). "The next in line?". Gainesville Sun. (Florida). p. 3C.
- Lee, Greg (August 3, 2013). "Former NFL kicker Hollis back in area for camps". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington).
- Meehan, Jim (November 17, 1992). "Hollis gives Vandals extra yards with his foot.". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). p. C2.
- Miedema, Laurence (September 2, 1993). "UI hopes teams are special". Moscow-Pullman Daily News. (Idaho-Washington). p. 1C.
- "Hollis tries to hang on with Jaguars". Moscow-Pullman Daily News. (Idaho-Washington). staff and wire reports. August 17, 1996. p. 1D.
- "Bad back hampers Hollis". Gainesville Sun. (Florida). September 15, 2000. p. 7C.
- "Jaguars face season without Hollis". Bangor Daily News. (Maine). September 19, 2000. p. C5.
- "Hollis waived by Giants". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). wire reports. March 19, 2004. p. C2.
- "Giants waive PK Mike Hollis, get S Jack Brewer". ESPN. March 19, 2004. Retrieved August 12, 2016.
- Vandal Athletics Hall of Fame - Mike Hollis
- Mike Hollis' ProForm Kicking Academy
- Pro Player Connect Profile
- Video Interview With Placekicker Mike Hollis 2011- Miller on Sports Radio
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Pro-Football-Reference • Databasefootball.com