Crouse batting for the Lansing Lugnuts
|Lancaster Barnstormers – No. 21|
Born: November 22, 1990|
Port Moody, British Columbia
Michael R. Crouse (born November 22, 1990) is a Canadian professional baseball outfielder for the Lancaster Barnstormers of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. Crouse has also been a member of the Toronto Blue Jays organization and has competed for the Canadian national baseball team.
Out of high school, Crouse was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 16th round (489th overall) of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft. Crouse chose to sign with the Blue Jays instead of attending college. He made his professional debut in 2008, appearing in seven games with the Gulf Coast Blue Jays of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League. He returned to the Gulf Coast Blue Jays in 2009. He was promoted to the Lansing Lugnuts of the Class-A Midwest League in 2010. With the Lugnuts, Crouse established himself as the team's starting right fielder, finishing the season with a .261 batting average, 14 home runs and 55 runs batted in. He led the Lugnuts with 38 stolen bases. Crouse joined the Dunedin Blue Jays in the Class-A Advanced Florida State League in 2012. He remained with the Blue Jays organization through the 2014 season, playing for the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats, and was released in the offseason.
Crouse signed with the independent Lancaster Barnstormers for the 2015 season, but missed the entire campaign due to injury. He re-signed with the team on January 26, 2016.
|Baseball World Cup|
|2011 Panama City||National team|
|Pan American Games|
|2011 Guadalajara||National team|
Crouse has played for the Canadian national baseball team. He played in the 2008 World Junior Baseball Championship, being named to the tournament's All-Star team. He also participated in the 2011 Baseball World Cup, winning the bronze medal, and the 2011 Pan American Games, winning the gold medal. He was the youngest player on the team.
- Michael Crouse is a name to watch in the Blue Jays system | MLB.com: News
- Baseball Canada emerging into powerhouse under Hamilton's watch | Fox News
- Blue Jays outfield prospect Jake Marisnick seeks steady climb through organization | bluejays.com: News
- "Barnstormers ink Crouse". lancasterbarnstormers.com. January 26, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- Les Juniors éliminés de la ronde des médailles - RDS.ca
- Canada golden on baseball's world stage | Bob Elliott | Columnists | Sports | London Free Press