Mariner High School (Everett, Washington)
|Mariner High School|
200 120th St. SW Everett 98204|
Mariner High School is located south of Everett, Washington in the Mukilteo School District. It was built in Everett, Washington in 1970 as the only high school serving the Mukilteo School District, until 1993 when Kamiak High School opened. Mariner’s mascot is officially a Marauder though an Orca named "Splash" is substituted. It serves grades 9-12.
Mariner competes in the WESCO 4A Conference. Their rivals include Kamiak High School (Mukilteo School District) as well as Henry M. Jackson High School and Cascade High School (Everett School District).
The Marauders football team led the team to the WIAA State Tournament in 2006, 2007 and 2008. The Marauders boys basketball team also made three recurring trips to state in the 2006-07, 2007–08, and the 2008-09 seasons.In 2013 Mariner football once again took to state playoffs upon their victory of Kamaik, leading 50 to 22. The Marauder soccer team competed in the WIAA State Tournament in 2011. 1998-99 Mariner football team was state runner up losing to Capitol. Also in 98-99 Mariner boys basketball took 3rd in state.
- Basketball (Boys and Girls)
- Cross Country
- Golf (Boys and Girls)
- Soccer (Boys and Girls)
- Fastpitch Softball
- Swimming (Boys and Girls)
- Tennis (Boys and Girls)
Clubs and Activities
Mariner High School was a recipient of the Achievers Scholarship which was funded by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. This scholarship was provided to Washington State's (and Washington D.C.'s) high crime, low-income areas. Most of the Achievers schools were focused in urban areas: Tacoma, Seattle and Everett. There were 16 Achievers schools. Unfortunately, the Achievers Scholarship program has ended, the last cohort being the Class of 2010. The scholarship program made a significant and positive difference in the lives of myriad Mariner High School graduates.
- Brian Sullivan (politician), former Mukilteo city council member (1986-1989), Mukilteo mayor (1990-1997), former member of the Washington House of Representatives, and current member of Snohomish County Council.
- Mary Lambert (singer)
- KeiVarae Russell, current Cincinnati Bengals cornerback
- MSD brief details
- Gonzales, Wesley (2012-03-02). "Mariner Robotics Club wins first place in tournament". Mukilteo Beacon. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Shaw, Linda (2005-10-20). "Gates Foundation exec pans Seattle school district". Seattle Times. Retrieved 2012-05-04.