Mansalay, Oriental Mindoro
Map of Oriental Mindoro with location of Mansalay
Location within the Philippines
|Coordinates: 12°31′N 121°26′E / 12.517°N 121.433°ECoordinates: 12°31′N 121°26′E / 12.517°N 121.433°E|
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|• Mayor||Jose Ildefonso M. Maliwanag|
|• Total||446.62 km2 (172.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)43|
This town is notable for its indigenous Mangyan population. The municipal hall is located on the upper land of Mansalay Town proper, in front of a Medical Care Hospital. Nearby is the church and the only Catholic School, Mansalay Catholic High School. Sta. Catalina is the town's patron saint.
Mansalay is politically subdivided into 17 barangays.
- B. Del Mundo
- Don Pedro
- Sta. Brigida
- Santa Maria
- Villa Celestial
- Santa Teresita
|Population census of Mansalay|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Its people relies heavily on fishing and farming to survive and earn a living. Because of meager income opportunities, Mansalay has produced a large number of overseas Filipino workers who send remittance back.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Province: ORIENTAL MINDORO". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "An Act Creating Certain Barrios in the Municipality of Mansalay, Province of Oriental Mindoro". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Mansalay Official Home Page
||Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro||Bongabong / Roxas|
| Calintaan, Occidental Mindoro
San Jose, Occidental Mindoro