Main Military Medical Directorate (Russia)
|Main Military Medical Directorate|
|Active||1805 – present|
|Role||Provide healthcare for all the military personnel in the Armed Forces|
|Part of||Ministry of Defense|
|Garrison/HQ||Znamenka 19, Moscow, RU|
The Main Military Medical Directorate, also known as Main Agency for Military Medicine (Russian: Главное военно-медицинское управление Министерства обороны Российской Федерации) is the specialist corps in the Russian Ministry of defense and Russia's Armed Forces which provides medical services to all Army personnel and their families, in war and in peace.
The headquarters is located in the Main Building of the Ministry of Defense at Znamenka 19, Moscow, Russia
First Military corps in Russia were formed as Medical Expedition in the Russian Army (Медицинская экспедиция при Военного Министерства России) in 1805.
Since 1867 it was renamed to Main Medical Department. In 1909 it was renamed to Main Military Sanitary Directorate (Главное военно-санитарное управление).
During Soviet regime the Military Medical Department changed its name many times: In 1924 it became the Military Sanitary Directorate of the Red Army (ВСУ РККА). In 1936: Sanitary Directorate, and during World War II, in 1941 the department was called again as the Main Military Sanitary Directorate (ГВСУ).
In 1946 the Directorate carried the current name: Main Military Medical Directorate of the Soviet Armed Forces (ГВМУ ВС СССР).
In 1960 it simply was called as the Military Medical Directorate (or the Center for Military Medical Directorate)
After the dissolution of the USSR, the Military medicine was subordinate to the Armed Forced of the Russian Federation in 1992 and became Main Military Medical Directorate of the Russian Military (ГВМУ ВС РФ).
More than 100,000 medical specialists are working in the Military medicine system, including 23,000 doctors. The Military services built with 70 military medical organizations, with about 4 million workers.
The Main Directorate including the following institutions:
- The Burdenko Main Military Clinic Hospital (Главный военный клинический госпиталь имени Н. Н. Бурденко);
- The Mandryk Central Military Clinic Hospital (Центральный военный клинический госпиталь им. П. В. Мандрыка);
- The Vishnevsky 3rd Central Military Clinic Hospital (3-й центральный военный клинический госпиталь им. А. А. Вишневского);
- MOD Rehabilitation Clinic Center (Лечебно-реабилитационный клинический центр Минобороны России);
- S.M. Kirov Military Medical Academy;
- MOD 736th Main State Center for Sanitary and Epidemic Supervision (736-й главный центр государственного санитарно-эпидемиологического надзора Министерства обороны Российской Федерации);
- MOD 111th Main State Center for Judicial Medical and Criminal Expertise (111-й главный государственный центр судебно-медицинских и криминалистических экспертиз Министерства обороны Российской Федерации);
- MOD Main Center for Military Medical expertise (Главный центр военно-врачебной экспертизы Министерства обороны Российской Федерации);
- eight sanatorium complex of the Ministry of Defense ("Zapadniy", "Podmoskovye", "Severokavjazskiy", "Sochinskiy", "Anapskiy", "Privolzhskiy", "Chitinskiy", "Dal'nevostochniy");
- 2 military sanatoriums ("Krymskiy", "Svetlogorskiy").
- preservation and strengthening the health of the military personnel;
- improving accessibility and quality of healthcare for all contingents have the right to legislate on health care at the expense of the Russian Defense Ministry;
- strengthening the material-technical base of military medical units and institutions;
- comprehensive re-modern medical equipment of health centers of military units, the sanitary and epidemiologic institutions and military hospitals;
- participation in the implementation of federal target programs;
- integration with civilian health institutions in order to preserve and promote the health of family members of military personnel and veterans of the Armed Forces;
- institutionalization of warning systems, expertise, monitoring and correction of the health for young people at all stages, starting with the pre-conscription period
- tightening of the barrier function when calling up citizens for military service in order to prevent patients in the Armed Forces;
- close cooperation of military control bodies with legislative and executive authorities, both at the federal and at the regional level on issues of manning the Armed Forces healthy replenishment;
- sustainable sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the personnel and the deployment of troops (forces) areas on the basis of strict compliance with the statutory provisions governing the conditions of life and military life, trouble-free operation of all life-support systems of military camps;
- prevention of the most pressing for the army and navy of diseases, especially infectious diseases, mental health, drug addiction, alcoholism, diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue injuries;
- formation of the personnel of the Army and Navy active life position in matters of health protection;
- priority financing of expenditure on military health care, including at the expense of extra-budgetary sources;
- creation of conditions for the guaranteed medical support attachments contingents.
|#||Name||Military rank||Took office||Left office||Notes|
|1||Eduard Nechaev||Colonel General of Medical services||1992||1993|
|2||Ivan Chij||Colonel General of Medical services||1993||2004|
|3||Igor Bykov||Colonel General of Medical services||2004||2007|
|4||Vladimir Shappo||Lieutenant General||2007||2009|
|5||Alexander Belevitin||Major General||June 8, 2009||2011|
|9||Vyacheslav Novikov||General of the Army||October 2012||January 14, 2013||acting|
|10||Aleksandr Fisun||Major General||February 19, 2013||November 28, 2016|
- Kirov Military Medical Academy (founded in 1798)
- Army Medical Department (United States)
- Royal Army Medical Corps (United Kingdom)
- Combat medic
- Military academies in Russia#Kuybyshev Military Medical Academy
- Museum of Military Medicine
- RF MOS website www.mil.ru accessed January 5, 2016.
- 19 июня в России отмечается День медицинского работника : Министерство обороны Российской Федерации