Nieuwe Waterweg-Maasmond, 04/27/2015
|Owner:||Veldus Holding SA|
|Operator:||MSC Mediterranean shipping Co SA|
|Port of registry:||Panama Panama|
|Builder:||Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marin Engineering Co Ltd - Geoje|
|Installed power:||72,240 kW(98,218hp)|
|Propulsion:||1x2 stroke 12 Cy.|
MSC Camille is one of the largest container ships in the world.
Hull and engine
The MSC Camille was built by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co in yard number 4136. It is a fully cellular container ship. It can hold up to 14000 Twenty-foot equivalent unit or "TEU", which makes it one of the biggest container ships in the world. The ship is 365.52m in length and has a 51m beam. MSC Camille as a total output of 98,218 hp. It is also equipped with two tunnel thrusters for better maneuverability in and out of ports.
On January 2010, during one of the inspections of MSC Camille, there were found 1.5 tons of illegal-imported goods from China to Teesport. Some of them were from animal origin (about 200 boxes), noodles, milk, sweets, and other food. The merchandise should be declared, however, all the items were destroyed.
On June 20, 2010, Torm Marina (110,000 TDW) was struck by the container ship MSC Camille, 48 miles east of Gibraltar. MSC Camille struck the Torm Marina in the bow, cracking the hull from deck to keel. At time of the collision the Torm Marina had no cargo and no oil stored in effected tanks, avoiding a potential disaster in the Strait of Gibraltar. No injuries were reported.
As of the first of March 2012, MSC Camille was on track towards Port Said
- Register of ships. (2010). Register of ships. London: Lloyd's Register of Shipping. ISBN 978-1-906313-38-8.
- "China Noodle Crisis". Evening Chronicle. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Reuters Significant Developments. MULTI (Vessel Collision). 21 June 2010 http://global.factiva.com/ga/default.aspx. Retrieved 28 February 2012. Missing or empty
- "ANDALUCÍA.-Cádiz.-Verdemar, ante los "incidentes" detectados en los últimos días, pregunta si la Junta ha "perdido la sensibilidad"". Europa Press - Servicio Autonómico. 3 July 2010. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "MSC Camille". www.marinetraffic.com. Retrieved 12 March 2012.