|Artist||Vincent van Gogh|
|Dimensions||30 cm × 50 cm (11.8 in × 19.7 in)|
|Owner||Private Collection (F1b, JH388), Korea|
In the 1970 catalogue raisonné, based on Jacob Baart de la Faille's researches, the paintings were dated 1882. Jan Hulsker, however, feels they must be associated with his 1883 painting Cows in the Meadow, a painting known only by a very poor photograph, and accordingly dates them as August 1883, thus executed shortly before van Gogh broke with his mistress Sien Hoornik and left for Drenthe.
- Lying Cow, 1883, Location unknown (F1c, JH389)
- Brooks, D. "The Paintings". The Vincent van Gogh Gallery, endorsed by Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam. David Brooks (self-published). Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Lying Cow F1c. Van Gogh Gallery. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- Lying Cow F1b. Van Gogh Gallery. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- Naifeh, Steven; White Smith, Gregory (2011). Van Gogh: The Life. Random House. p. 253 ff. ISBN 0-375-50748-5.
- de la Faille, Jacob Baart (1970). The works of Vincent van Gogh. Amsterdam: Meulenhoff.
- Hulsker, Jan (1986). The Complete Van Gogh: Paintings, Drawings, Sketches. Random House. p. 90. ISBN 0-517-44867-X.