Luis Alonso Morán
|Full name||Luis Alonso Morán Servellón|
4 August 1971|
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||100 kg (220 lb)|
Luis Alonso Morán Servellón (born August 4, 1971 in San Pedro Sula) is a Honduran judoka, who competed in the men's heavyweight category. He picked up a silver medal in the over-100 kg division at the 2006 Central American and Caribbean Games in Cartagena, Colombia, and also represented his nation Honduras at the 2004 Summer Olympics.
Moran qualified as a lone judoka for the Honduran squad in the men's heavyweight class (+100 kg) at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by granting a tripartite invitation from the International Judo Federation. He lost his opening match to Dutch judoka and eventual bronze medalist Dennis van der Geest, who successfully scored an ippon, and tightly wrapped him with a soto makikomi (outer wraparound) hold at one minute and fifty-three seconds.
- "Luis Alonso Morán". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Con homenaje a atletas COH festejó sus "Bodas de Oro"" [Athletes from Honduras celebrated in front of the home crowd with gold medals] (in Spanish). La Tribuna. 30 November 2006. Retrieved 29 November 2014. C1 control character in
|title=at position 54 (help)
- "Juramentan delegación hondureña para Juegos Olímpicos Atenas 2004" [Honduran delegation sworn at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens] (in Spanish). San José, Costa Rica: La Nación. 24 July 2004. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Judo: Men's Heavyweight (+100kg/+220 lbs) Round of 32". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "van der Geest door voor brons" [Van der Geest takes the bronze] (in Dutch). FOK!. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 29 November 2014. C1 control character in
|title=at position 30 (help)
- Luis Alonso Morán at JudoInside.com