Love Letters (song)
This article is about the 1945 song. For other uses, see Love letter (disambiguation).
|Single by Ketty Lester|
|A-side||"I'm a Fool to Want You"|
"Love Letters" is a 1945 popular song with lyrics by Edward Heyman and music by Victor Young. The song appeared, without lyrics, in the movie of the same name, and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Song for 1945.
- Dick Haymes (in 1945, US #11)
- Ketty Lester (in 1962, US #5, US R&B #2, UK #4)
- Elvis Presley (in 1966, US #19, UK #6)
- Frankie Miller had in 1977 a hit with his version in Belgium.
- Alison Moyet (in 1987, UK #4.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942–2004. Record Research. p. 345.
- Whitburn, Joel The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, Billboard Books, New York, 1992