Lochee Harp F.C.
|Full name||Lochee Harp Junior Football Club|
|Ground||Beechwood Park, Kings Cross Road, Dundee|
|League||SJFA East Region North Division|
|2015–16||SJFA East Region North Division, 11th|
Lochee Harp Football Club are a Scottish Junior football club based in the Lochee area of the city of Dundee. Formed in 1904 and nicknamed "the Harp", they play their home games at Beechwood Park, which has room for around 1,800 spectators. Their strip (uniform) colours are green and white.
Lochee Harp were formed among the Irish community in Lochee, and derive their history as an Irish Catholic football club. They were formed in much the same way as Celtic, by local priests and church members to alleviate the boredom of the workers and provide some recreation. Dundee United have much the same origins, having been formed as Dundee Hibernian, and there was another Irish based club in the Lochee area as well, Lochee Emmet, named after the Irish patriot Robert Emmet.
Lochee Harp were formerly a hugely successful junior team, winning the Dundee Junior League in their first season of existence, but have found such success more hard to come by in recent years. Indeed, they are not even the top club in the Lochee area at present, playing two divisions below rivals and neighbours Lochee United.
Scottish Junior Cup
- Runners-up: 1953–54
- Tayside Premier Division winners: 1983-84, 1984–85, 1985–86
- Tayside Division One winners: 1997–98
- Dundee Junior League winners: 1904–05, 1906–07, 1910–11, 1922–23, 1923–24, 1926–27, 1928–29, 1929–30, 1930–31, 1931–32, 1934–35, 1935–36, 1937–38, 1948–49, 1949–50, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1958–59, 1960–61, 1962–63
- Currie (Findlay & Co) Cup: 1980–81, 1985–86
- Division One (Downfield SC) Cup: 1997–98
- Tayside Drybrough Cup: 1982–83
- Tayside Regional Cup: 1980–81, 1985–86
- Courier Cup: 1927–28, 1928–29, 1933–34, 1938–39, 1942–43, 1943–44, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1952–53, 1954–55, 1958–59, 1962–63, 1965–66, 1966–67
- Cream of the Barley Cup: 1986–87
Notable former players
- Club website
- Twitter Page: @LocheeHarpJFC