List of reported UFO sightings
2nd millennium BCE
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|ca. 1440 BCE||Fiery disks||Lower Egypt||Ancient Egypt||It was reported by the scribes of the pharaoh, Thutmose III encountered "fiery disks" floating over the skies. It was later recorded on the Tulli Papyrus.||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|343 BCE||Torch in the sky||Open sea, between Greece and Sicily||Ancient Greece||According to Diodorus Siculus, the Greek general Timoleon sighted a torch in the sky while he was sailing with his fleet. The torch guided the Greek ships until they reached the Sicily.||1|
|214 BCE||ships in the sky||Rome, Italia||Roman Republic||Livy records a number of portents in the winter of this year, including navium speciem de caelo adfulsisse ("an appearance of ships had shone forth from the sky").||Livy's Ab Urbe Condita Libri||1|
|74 BCE||flame-like "pithoi" from the sky||Phrygia, Asia||Roman Republic||According to Plutarch, a Roman army commanded by Lucullus was about to begin a battle with Mithridates VI of Pontus when "all on a sudden, the sky burst asunder, and a huge, flame-like body was seen to fall between the two armies. In shape, it was most like a wine-jar, and in colour, like molten silver." Plutarch reports the shape of the object as like a wine-jar (pithos). The apparently silvery object was reported by both armies.||1|
|66 BCE||sparks of growing light||Rome||Roman Republic||The Roman author and naturalist, Pliny the Elder, described a "spark" that fell to earth, becoming as large as the moon before returning to the sky.||1|
|70||signs in the sky during the siege of Jerusalem||Jerusalem, Iudaea||Roman Empire||A bright light over the Temple in Jerusalem. On a later day, "ὤφθη μετέωρα περὶ πᾶσαν τὴν χώραν ἅρματα καὶ φάλαγγες ἔνοπλοι διᾴττουσαι τῶν νεφῶν καὶ κυκλούμεναι τὰς πόλεις" ("there appeared in the air over the whole country chariots and armed troops coursing through the clouds, surrounding the cities").||The Jewish War||1|
|ca. 150||100 foot "beast" accompanied by a "maiden"||Via Campana, Latium et Campana||Roman Empire||On a sunny day near the Via Campana, a road connecting Rome and Capua, a single witness, probably Hermas the brother of Pope Pius I, saw "a 'beast' like a piece of pottery (ceramos) about 100 feet in size, multicolored on top and shooting out fiery rays, landed in a dust cloud, accompanied by a "maiden" clad in white. Vision 4.1-3. in The Shepherd of Hermas.||3|
|196||angel hair||Rome||Roman Empire||Historian Cassius Dio described "A fine rain resembling silver descended from a clear sky upon the Forum of Augustus." He used some of the material to plate some of his bronze coins, but by the fourth day afterwards the silvery coating was gone.||2|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|776||Flaming shields of reddish color||Sigiburg, Throtmanni||Francia||According to a section from the Annales Laurissenses maiores, Saxons besieging the Sigiburg Castle, encountered a craft bearing "the likeness of two large flaming shields reddish in color" floating overhead, thus frightening off the invaders.||2|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|815||Magonia||Lyons, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes||Francia||The Carolingian archbishop, Agobard of Lyons, described in his De Grandine et Tonitruis ("On Hail and Thunder") of a "certain region called Magonia from whence come ships in the clouds", and how he prevented the stoning death of "three men and a woman who said they had fallen from these same ships."||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1561-04-14||1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg||Nuremberg||Holy Roman Empire||At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a 16th-century woodcut by Hans Glaser.||1|
|1566-08-07||1566 celestial phenomenon over Basel||Basel||Switzerland||At the morning of 7 August 1566 the citizens of Basel saw numerous spherical objects appear in the sky. These objects flew at high speed and seemed to have a fight in the sky. This event is depicted in a 16th-century woodcut by Samuel Coccius (Samuel Koch) and Samuel Apiarius.||1|
|1595-10-15||Strange comet-like object that stayed fixed on the sky and which wasn't found in any catalog of known comets||Târgoviște||Wallachia||About the time of Michael the Brave's attack on Târgoviște which was occupied by the Ottoman Army there were reports of a bizarre "comet" that appeared in the city, staying pinned on the sky and shining over the Wallachian camp. It stayed there for about two hours before vanishing.||; mentioned by a Transsylvanian newspaper and an Italian-language raport||1|
|1609-09-26||Shiny object like "a bowl/washbasin" making "a thunderous sound" and flying "fast like an arrow"||Ganseong-gun, Wonju-mok, Gangreung-bu, Chuncheon-bu, & Yangyang-bu; Gangwon-do Province, Kingdom of Joseon (all of them located in present-day Gangwon Province (South Korea)).||Kingdom of Joseon||Belatedly recorded in the Annals over a month late, on September 26, 1609, over "clear and cloudless" skies (three places recorded Sa hour (9-11 AM), one recorded Oh hour (noon), and one recorded Mi hour (1-3 PM)), a shiny object resembling "a bowl" or "a washbasin", suddenly appeared over the skies, made "a thunderous sound" and flew "fast like an arrow", and that "heaven and earth shook". It looked "as if it would land", but then it "tilted and rose", and then "it disappeared into sparks", with a comment that "it looked as if it was in the air by some energy".||Annals of the Joseon Dynasty, Diary of Gwanghaegun of Joseon||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1803-02-22 or 03-24||Utsuro-bune at Haratono-hama||Eastern shore||Japan||On February 22 (or March 24) in 1803 local fishermen reportedly saw a vessel drifting in close-by waters. They say when they investigated it, "a beautiful young woman" they described as having red and white hair and dressed in strange clothes appeared. The fisherman claim she held a square box "that no one was allowed to touch" and she spoke to them in a language they never heard before. Modern UFO believers think this story was a credible document of a close encounter of the third kind in early Japan. Historians and Ethnologists consider it to be folklore.||3|
|1883-08-12||José Bonilla Observation||Zacatecas Observatory, Zacatecas||Mexico||On August 12, 1883, the astronomer José Bonilla reported that he saw more than 300 dark, unidentified objects crossing the sun disk while observing sunspot activity at Zacatecas Observatory in Mexico. He was able to take several photographs, exposing wet plates at 1/100 second. It was subsequently determined that the objects were high-flying geese.||0|
|1886-10-24||Maracaibo||Maracaibo||Venezuela||A letter from the US consulate in Maracaibo Venezuela was printed in the December 18, 1886 issue of Scientific American reporting a meteorological occurrence described as a bright light accompanied by a humming noise that caused occupants of a hut to become ill.||2|
|1896–1897||Mystery airships||United States||Numerous reports of UFO sightings, attempted abductions that took place around the United States in a 2-year period.||1, 2 and 3|
|1897-04-17||Aurora, Texas, UFO incident||Aurora, Texas||United States||A tale of a UFO crash and a burial of its alien pilot in the local cemetery was sent to newspapers in Dallas and Fort Worth in April 1897 by local correspondent S.E. Hayden.||3|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1909||Mystery airships||Otago||New Zealand||Strange moving lights and some solid bodies in the sky were seen around Otago and elsewhere in New Zealand, and were reported to newspapers.||1|
|Miracle of the Sun||Fátima, Santarém District||Portugal||Thousands of people observed the sun gyrate and descend. This was later reinterpreted by Jacques Vallée, Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada as a possible UFO sighting, but not recognized as such due to cultural differences.||1|
|1940s||Foo fighters||Over World War II theaters||Small metallic spheres and colorful balls of light repeatedly spotted and occasionally photographed worldwide by bomber crews during World War II.||2|
|1941||Cape Girardeau UFO crash||Cape Girardeau, Missouri||United States||First responders and a Baptist minister allegedly view crashed spacecraft and alien bodies. Military arrives and swears witnesses to silence.||3|
|1942||Hopeh Incident||Tsientsien, Hebei||Republic of China||Photographs show what is reported to be a UFO.||2|
|1942-02-24||Battle of Los Angeles||Los Angeles, California||United States||Unidentified aerial objects trigger the firing of thousands of anti-aircraft rounds and raise the wartime alert status.||2|
|1946||The Ghost Rockets||Mostly in Scandinavia, but also other European countries||Numerous UFO sightings were reported over Scandinavia, causing the Swedish Defense Staff to express concern.||2|
|1946-05-18||UFO-Memorial Ängelholm||Ängelholm, Kristianstads County||Sweden||Gösta Karlsson reports seeing a flying saucer and its alien passengers. A model of it is now erected at the site.||3|
|1947-06-21||Maury Island incident||Puget Sound near Maury Island, Washington||United States||Harold A. Dahl reported that his dog was killed and his son was injured by debris in an encounter with four to six flying doughnut-shaped objects. He also claimed that a witness was subsequently threatened by the Men in Black.||2|
|1947-06-24||Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting||North of Mount Rainier, Washington||United States||The UFO sighting that sparked the name flying saucers. This sighting is considered as the start of the "Modern UFO era".||0|
|1947-06/07||1947 UFO sightings||mostly Washington||United States||Several UFO sightings reported after the sighting of Kenneth Arnold.|
|1947-06||Roswell UFO crash||about 30 mi north of Roswell, New Mexico||United States||United States Army Air Forces allegedly captured a crashed flying saucer and its alien occupants. The find was soon explained to be a weather balloon but regained attention since 1978 after investigation of S. T. Friedman.||3|
|1947-07-23||Bauru Close Encounter||Bauru, São Paulo||Brazil||José Higgins, a topographer, reports a close encounter with three humanoid figures emerged from a UFO.||3|
|1948||The Green Fireballs||United States||Objects were reported over several United States military bases; an official investigation followed.||2|
|1948-01-07||Thomas Mantell||Kentucky||United States||US Air Force sent a fighter pilot to investigate a UFO sighting over Fort Knox, Kentucky; his aircraft crashed and the pilot was killed while pursuing the UFO.||2|
|1948-07-24||Chiles-Whitted UFO encounter||Alabama||United States||Chiles and Whitted, American commercial pilots, reported that their airplane had nearly collided with a UFO||1|
|1948-10-01||Gorman dogfight||North Dakota||United States||A US Air Force pilot sighted and pursued a UFO for 27 minutes over Fargo, North Dakota.||1|
|1948-10-15||Fukuoka Incident||Kyushu Island||Japan||The radar of a F-61 Black Widow detected a target below the aircraft. While the aircrew tried to intercept it, the pilot saw the object, which appeared as a stubby cigar; then the object accelerated and disappeared.||2|
|1949||Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident||New Mexico||United States||An alleged retrieval of a grounded UFO and its occupants from a plateau in New Mexico||3|
|1950-04-09||Fort Worth sighting||Fort Worth, Texas||United States||A UFO was sighted and photographed at 5.30 p.m. The examination of the photos made by experts of USAF revealed that the alleged UFO images were crimps in the negatives.||2|
|1950-04-24||Varese Close Encounter||Abbiate Guazzone, Lombardy||Italy||A factory worker reported that he sighted three "humanoids" near a craft and one "shot him with a beam".||3|
|1950-05-11||McMinnville UFO photographs||a farm near McMinnville, Oregon||United States||A farmer took pictures of a purported "flying saucer". These are among the best known UFO pictures, and continue to be analyzed and debated to this day.||2|
|1950-08-05 or 15||Mariana UFO incident||Great Falls, Montana||United States||The manager of Great Falls' pro baseball team took color film of two UFOs flying over Great Falls. The film was extensively analyzed by the US Air Force and several independent investigators.||2|
|1951-08-25||Lubbock Lights||Lubbock, Texas||United States||Several Lights in V-Shaped formations were repeatedly spotted flying over the city. Witnesses included professors from Texas Tech University and photographed by a Texas Tech student.||2|
|1951-09-10||Fort Monmouth UFO Case||Monmouth County, New Jersey||United States||At Fort Monmouth Base, a radar operator picked up an unknown target. Seventeen minutes later, the crew of a T-33 saw a discus-shaped unidentified object.||2|
|1952-07-12 to 29||1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident||Washington, D.C.||United States||A series of sightings in July 1952 accompanied radar contacts at three separate airports in the Washington area. The sightings made front page headlines around the nation, and ultimately lead to the formation of the Robertson Panel by the CIA.||1|
|1952-07-14||Nash-Forteberry UFO Case||Norfolk, Virginia||United States||W. Nash and W. Forteberry, pilots of a DC-4 airliner of Pan American Airways, sighted eight large, round, glowing red objects.||1|
|1952-07-16||1952 Salem, Massachusetts UFO incident||Coast Guard Air Station Salem||United States||Coast Guard photographer Shell Alpert took a photograph of four roughly elliptical blobs of light in formation through the window of his photographic laboratory. A Coast Guard press release described the lights as "objects", however Seaman Alpert subsequently issued a statement saying, "I cannot in all honesty say that I saw objects or aircraft, merely some manner of lights."||1|
|1952-07-24||Carson Sink UFO incident||near Carson Sink, Nevada||United States||Two pilots saw three unusual Delta wing aircraft flying in a V-formation over Carson Sink.||1|
|1952-07-29||Miami UFO movie||Miami, Florida||United States||Ralph Mayher, stationer in Miami as a member of Marine Corps, took a movie film of a reddish UFO. The main portion of the film was submitted to USAF for analysis.||2|
|1952-07-30||Oldenburg UFO Encounter||near Oldenburg, Lower Saxony||West Germany||Roland Hughes, a RAF pilot, reported that he have sighted a "silver metallic disc" while he was returning to Oldenburg base after a training mission over West Germany.||1|
|1952-09-12||The Flatwoods Monster||Flatwoods, West Virginia||United States||Six local boys and a woman report seeing a UFO land, and saw a spade-headed creature near the landing site.||3|
|1952-12-06||Gulf of Mexico UFO Encounter||Gulf of Mexico, 100 mi. south of Louisiana coast||United States||The crew (three men) of a B-29 bomber tracked on the radar 5 high speed objects. After ten minutes the objects merged into a larger object which appeared on radar as a huge blip and moved off.||1|
|1953-05-21||Prescott Sightings||Prescott, Arizona||United States||Three Prescott residents sight a total of eight craft at Del Rio Springs Creek, 20 miles north of Prescott.||0|
|1953-08-12||Ellsworth UFO sighting||Bismarck, North Dakota||United States||A UFO appearing as a red glowing light is witnessed by 45 people. The sighting takes place for two nights.||1|
|1953-11-23||The disappearance of Felix Moncla and Robert Wilson||near the Soo Locks over Lake Superior||United States/Canada||U.S. Air Force pilot and radar operator and their F-89C disappeared while pursuing an unidentified radar return.||0|
|1953-12-16||Kelly Johnson/Santa Barbara Channel Case||Seen from Agoura, California, and from aircraft flying over Pacific Ocean||United States||Legendary Lockheed aircraft engineer Clarence "Kelly" Johnson, designer of the F-104, U-2, and SR-71, and his wife observed a huge Flying Wing over the Pacific from the ground in Agoura. Meanwhile, one of Johnson's flight test crews aboard an WV-2 (see EC-121) spotted the craft from Long Beach, California. USAF concluded these trained observers had seen a lenticular cloud, even though Johnson considered and ruled out that explanation.||1|
|1954-08-16||Tananarive UFO incident||Tananarive||Madagascar||At 5:00 p.m. a green ball was seen in the sky and disappeared behind a hill. It reappeared a minute later and flew over the higher part of Tananarive. When the object flew in front of them, some witnesses could see a lentil-shaped device with silvery metallic aspect enveloped in electric luminous gas.||1|
|1954-09-15||Manbhum UFO sighting||Manbhum, Bihar||India||A UFO was seen in the afternoon by about 800 people living in three villages in Manbhum district of Bihar. According some witnesses the UFO was shaped like a saucer about 12 feet in diameter and grey in colour.||1|
|1954-09-12 to 1954-11-30||Autumn 1954 European UFO wave||South and west of Europe||France, Italy and other countries||In the autumn of 1954 there was a great wave of UFO sightings in the countries of the south and the west of Europe. Most of the sightings occurred in France, followed by Italy. This wave was the first large-scale European UFO wave.||1,2 and 3|
|1955-08-21/22||Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter||A farmhouse near Hopkinsville, Kentucky||United States||After the sighting of a disc-shaped aircraft a group of strange, goblin-like creatures are reported to have repeatedly approached a farm house and looked inside through the windows. Members of the two families present shot at them several times with little or no effect. The encounter lasted from evening to dawn.||3|
|1956-07-24||Drakensberg Contactee||Drakensberg||South Africa||A well-known photo series depicting a supposed UFO, was taken on 24 July near Rosetta in the Drakensberg region. The photographer, meteorologist Elizabeth Klarer, claimed detailed adventures with an alien race, besides having had an alien lover, Akon, who would have fathered her son Ayling.||1, 5, 7?|
|1956-08-13||Lakenheath-Bentwaters incident||Eastern England||United Kingdom||Some UFOs were picked up by radar over the airbases of Lakenheat and Bentwaters. At Lakenheath some luminous object were sighted by ground personnel.||1|
|1957-05-03||Edwards Air Force Base flying saucer filming||Edwards Air Force Base (about 22 mi northeast of Lancaster, California)||United States||Jack Gettys and James Bittick, who were filming base installations on behalf of test pilot and later astronaut Gordon Cooper, observed the landing and departure of a silent flying disk. Their film evidence was sent to Washington, D.C.||2?|
|1957-05-20||Milton Torres 1957 UFO Encounter||East Anglia||United Kingdom||U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Milton Torres reports that he was ordered to intercept and fire on a UFO displaying "very unusual flight patterns" over East Anglia. Ground radar operators had tracked the object for some time before Torres' plane was scrambled to intercept.||2|
|1957-07-17||The RB-47 UFO Encounter||Forbes Air Force Base, Topeka, Kansas||United States||Often listed as a "top ten" ufo case, a U.S. Air Force RB-47, equipped with the most advanced monitoring equipment of the era, was tracked for 700 miles by a ufo.||2|
|1957-09||Ubatuba UFO Explosion||Ubatuba||Brazil||Two fishermen watched a UFO crash and explosion, and retrieved fragments of the object.||2|
|1957-09-04||Portugal "mothership" sighting||Between Granada and Portalegre||Spain / Portugal||The crews of 4 fighter-bombers watched a large luminescent UFO and smaller attendant UFOs during a nighttime flight at 25,000 ft.||0|
|1957-10-16/17||Antonio Vilas Boas Abduction||Near São Francisco de Sales, Minas Gerais||Brazil||One of the very first abduction claims. Farmer Antonio Vilas Boas claimed to have been abducted and examined by humanoid aliens while working in the fields at night. He also claimed to have had sex with an alien woman aboard the egg-shaped aircraft.||4|
|1957-11-02||Levelland UFO Case||Levelland, Texas||United States||Numerous people describe seeing a glowing, egg-shaped object and a cigar-shaped object which caused their vehicle's engines to shut down.||2|
|1957-12||Old-Saybrook UFO incident||Connecticut||United States||Reports of an elliptically-shaped UFO with square ports.||3|
|1958-01-16||Trindade UFO Incident||Trindade Island||Brazil||9 Separate sightings and 7 photos of UFO's were reported in the Trinidade Island during the meteorological and geological expeditions in the island.||2|
|1959-02-02/03||Dyatlov Pass incident||Kholat Syakhl, Sverdlovsk Oblast||Soviet Union||Mysterious deaths of experienced cross-country skiers in the Urals are due to official investigation believed to have been caused by an unknown "compelling natural force". Some claim relation to unidentified orange spheres.||2|
|1959-06-26/27||Father William Booth Gill sighting||Boianai, Territory of Papua and New Guinea||Australia||Missionary and many natives saw several UFOs, one of them seeming to be repaired by four human-like occupants; witnesses and aliens waved at each other. The case was investigated by J. A. Hynek and accompanied by other sightings.||3|
|1961-04-18||Eagle River Close Encounter||Eagle River, Wisconsin||United States||Joe Simonton, a farmer, reported that he sighted three dark-skinned aliens in a craft landed in his farm.||3|
|1961-09-19||Betty and Barney Hill abduction||South of Lancaster on Route 3, New Hampshire||United States||The first widely publicized alien abduction experience. The Hills saw a huge flying disk while driving home in their car at late evening and were abducted and medically examined by small extraterrestrials.||4|
|1962-05-12||La Pampa Province sighting||La Pampa Province, Route 35, Km 72||Argentine||At 4,10 three truckmen, Valentino Tomassini, Gauro Tomassini and Humberto Zenobi saw an object on the ground in a field near the road while they were travelling to Jacinto Aráuz. The object looked like a railroad car and was illuminated. As their truck came close it, the object rose up with a flame coming from the lower part and divided into two parts, which flew off in different directions.||1|
|1964-04-24||Lonnie Zamora incident||Socorro, New Mexico||United States||Police officer Zamora reports a close encounter.||3|
|1964-09-05||Cisco Grove Encounter||Cisco Grove, California||United States||Hunter Donald Schrum claimed he saw a flying white light in the forest and was pursued by men as well as "robots". Condon Committee investigators were skeptical of Schrum's story because of its inconsistencies.||3|
|1965 to 1967||Charles Hall||Las Vegas, Nevada||United States||Charles Hall claimed that while working at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada he had contact with tall white aliens who often traveled to Las Vegas casinos for entertainment with CIA agents.||3|
|1965-03-09||The Incident at Exeter||Exeter, New Hampshire||United States||Numerous reports of UFOs in Exeter, New Hampshire.||2|
|1965-07-01||The Valensole UFO incident||Valensole, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur||France||Peasant Maurice Massé saw a landed spherical object and was paralyzed by two grey-like occupants.||3|
|1965-07-03||UFO sightings in Antarctica||Deception Island||Antarctica||At 7.20 P.M. nine meteorological observers of Chilean Scientific Station watched in the sky a yellow-red object travelling at high speed. After about 20 minutes in Argentine Scientific Base 17 people observed a lens-shaped disc.||1|
|1965-09-16||1965 Craft Landing||Pretoria–Bronkhorstspruit||South Africa||Police constables Lockem and de Klerk observed a landed, copper-coloured craft on the Pretoria–Bronkhorstspruit freeway. It was described as being 30 feet (9.1 m) wide and left a 6 feet (1.8 m) wide imprint on the asphalt after a rapid, fiery ascent. The incident was confirmed in a press release by Lt. Colonel J.B. Brits, district commandant for Pretoria North||2|
|1965-12-09||Kecksburg UFO incident||Kecksburg, Pennsylvania||United States||Mass sighting of a falling brilliant fireball dropping debris and causing sonic booms, followed by a cordoning-off of the probable crash site, alleged intimidation of a reporter by men in black and cover-up and the unresolved death of said witness.||2?|
|1966||The Mothman Prophecies||Point Pleasant, West Virginia||United States||A wave of reported sightings of a winged humanoid are connected to other mysterious events including sightings of UFOs.||3?|
|1966-03||Michigan Swamp Gas Sightings||Washtenaw County & Livingston County, Michigan||United States||Widely reported wave of sightings attributed to swamp gas by J. Allen Hynek.||2|
|1966-04-06||Westall UFO||Clayton South, Victoria||Australia||A sighting reported by hundreds of people. Witnesses of "The Clayton Incident" still gather for reunions.||0|
|1966-04-15||Catalina Island UFO||Catalina Island||United States||Cameraman Leman Hanson shot 10 seconds of 16 mm color footage of a UFO.||2|
|1966-04-17||Portage County UFO chase||Ohio||United States||Several police officers pursue what they believe to be a UFO for 30 minutes.||1|
|1967-01-25||Betty Andreasson Abduction||South Ashburnham, Massachusetts||United States||A woman claims to have been taken aboard UFOs by aliens many times over a number of years.||4|
|1967-05-20||Falcon Lake incident||near Falcon Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba||Canada||A man is reported to have been burned by the exhaust of a landed cigar-shaped object.||3|
|1967-08-29||Close encounter of Cussac||Outside Cussac, Auvergne||France||A young brother and sister claimed to have witnessed a brilliant sphere and four small black occupants while herding cattle outside their village.||3|
|1967-09-07||Snippy the Horse Mutilation||Near Alamosa in the San Luis Valley, Colorado||United States||Widely considered to be the first unusual animal death to be related by its witnesses to UFOs and aliens.||2|
|1967-10-04||Shag Harbour UFO incident||Gulf of Maine near Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia||Canada||A large lit object was reported to have crashed into waters near Shag Harbour. A Canadian naval search followed, and officially referred to the object as a UFO. Some military persons involved claim the unknown object to be an alien spacecraft. There were other UFO sightings in the area at the time.||2?|
|1968-02-18||Vashon Island incident||Vashon Island, Washington State||United States||Three men reported seeing a shiny saucer shaped craft, which froze a pond over which it had hovered.||2|
|1968-08-07||Buff Ledge Camp Abduction||North of Burlington at Lake Champlain, Vermont||United States||Two teenage employees of a summer camp reported sighting UFOs over the lake and claimed to have experienced missing time.||4|
|1968-11-28||The Sverdlovsk Midget||Sverdlovsk (today Yekaterinburg)||Soviet Union||Near Sverdlovsk discovered a falling object in the Roshevski forest. Some claimed that about the UFO and a Soviet Alien-autopsy survived some film reel. About the incident made a documentary film with Roger Moore.||1|
|1969-01-06||Jimmy Carter UFO incident||Leary, Georgia||United States||Later U.S. president Jimmy Carter's sighting of a UAP, which he didn't believe to be of extraterrestrial origin and is, contrary to him, thought to be Venus.||1|
|1970-01-01||Cowichan District Hospital UFO||Duncan, British Columbia||Canada||Nurse Doreen Kendall claims she looked out a hospital window and saw a UFO containing occupants seated at a control panel. Another nurse called over by Kendall saw only a bright, featureless light.||3|
|1972-06-27||1972 UFO sightings in the eastern Cape||Fort Beaufort||South Africa||A craft was observed near Fort Beaufort in the eastern Cape, which attracted the attention of the military.|
|1972-11-12||1972 UFO sightings in the eastern Cape||Rosmead||South Africa||A school headmaster seems to have arrived at a still smouldering UFO landing site in the town of Rosmead|
|1973-05||The Judy Doraty Abduction||at a road from Alta Loma to Texas City, Texas||United States||While under hypnosis, Judy Doraty claimed to have been abducted by aliens and to have witnessed a cattle mutilation.||4|
|1973-09-20||Skylab 3 UFO Encounter||space station Skylab 3 in Earth orbit||outer space||Blurred photographs of an unknown object were taken by astronauts.|
|1973-10||Jeff Greenhaw||Alabama||United States||Alabama policeman Jeff Greenhaw claims he encountered a creature dressed in a shiny metal costume while investigating a UFO report.||3|
|1973-10-11||Pascagoula Abduction||Near Pascagoula at the Pascagoula River, Mississippi||United States||Two men fishing on the river claimed to be abducted by strange-looking humanoids.||4|
|1973-10-17||Eglin Air Force Base Sighting||Florida||United States||An unidentified object was tracked by a Duke Field radar unit during the same time period, and within the same area, that 10 to 15 people observed four strange objects flying in formation between Milton, Florida, and Crestview, Florida, along Interstate 10, according to Eglin officials. Reports from the base indicated that a bright glowing ball of light could be seen travelling parallel with an Air Force C-130 aircraft but at a much higher altitude.||2|
|1974-01-23||Berwyn Mountain UFO incident||Llandrillo, Merionethshire, North Wales||United Kingdom||An alleged UFO crash involving lights in the sky moments before a large impact shock. The cause of the incident was however soon revealed as a 3.5 magnitude earthquake.||0|
|1974-05-31||1974 Abduction Event||Beitbridge||South Africa||Travellers Peter and Frances MacNorman claimed an abduction event on 31 May, which would have started near Fort Victoria in the current southern Zimbabwe, and which would have continued to the vicinity of Beitbridge on the South African border.||4|
|1974-08-25||Coyame UFO incident||Coyame, Chihuahua||Mexico||An alleged mid-air collision between a UFO and a small airplane, near the town of Coyame, Chihuahua, close to the U.S.-Mexico border. Some people believe that a UFO crashed and was secretly recovered, but according to local residents, UFO rumors arose after Mexican military authorities conducted a search to recover drugs and money scattered across the landscape in the wreckage of a plane piloted by a U.S. resident in 1980.||4|
|1975-01-12||Stonehenge incident||North Bergen, New Jersey||United States||A UFO was allegedly sighted in North Hudson Park by a man, George O'Barski, while he was driving home at 2:45 AM.||2|
|1975-10-30||Wurtsmith AFB||Near Oscoda, Michigan||United States||USAF security personnel reported an unidentified craft flying within exceptionally-secure Strategic Air Command airspace over a B-52 base housing nuclear weapons and delivery systems. An incoming KC-135 tanker was later ordered to commence pursuit over Lake Huron. The object or objects, last seen back over the base's weapons storage area, were never identified.||1|
|1975-11-05||Travis Walton||Near Turkey Springs in Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, Arizona||United States||Logger Travis Walton reports being abducted by aliens for five days. Walton's six workmates claimed to have witnessed a bright hovering large silvery disk and fled the scene leaving him lying on the ground. He reappeared on 11-10 at late evening in Heber-Overgaard. Walton described the event and its aftermath in the book The Walton Experience (1978), which was dramatized in the film Fire in the Sky (1993) (with the scenes aboard the extraterrestrials' vessel significantly changed).||4|
|1976-01-06/07||Stanford Abduction||Between Stanford and Hustonville on Route 78, Kentucky||United States||Three women claimed to be abducted after seeing a bright red object and a blue light while driving in a car on the highway.||4|
|1976-06-22||1976 Canary Isles sightings||Canary Islands||Spain||Several lights and a spherical transparent blue craft, piloted by two beings was reported.||3|
|1976-08-26||Allagash Abductions||Eagle Lake on the Allagash waterway, Maine||United States||Four campers claimed to have been abducted by alien beings in the Allagash wilderness.||4|
|1976-09-19||1976 Tehran UFO incident||North of and in Tehran, Mazandaran and Tehran Provinces||Imperial State of Iran||A very bright object similar to a star was seen from Shemiran; after each approach to the UFO the electronic equipment of two F-4 interceptor aircraft of the Imperial Iranian Air Force was disabled, along with ground control equipment in Mehrabad International Airport, an event thoroughly documented in the U.S. DIA report. The Iranian generals involved in the incident claimed the object was extraterrestrial.||2|
|1977||Colares UFO flap||Colares, Pará||Brazil||Claims of UFOs on a river island investigated by the air force in "Operação Prato" and civilian researchers, among them J. F. Vallée.||2|
|1977||Broad Haven||Dyfed, Wales||United Kingdom||In the 1970s, the area was the scene of alleged UFO sightings and nicknamed the Broad Haven Triangle||2|
|1978-05-10||Emilcin Abduction||Emilcin, Lublin Voivodeship||Poland||A farmer in Emilcin is said to have been abducted and medically examined by short, green-faced, humanoid entities speaking an unearthly language in a white, hovering, humming craft. There is now a memorial at the site.||4|
|1978-10||Clarenville UFO Sighting||Clarenville, Newfoundland||Canada||Constable Jim Blackwood of the RCMP responded to reports of a flying saucer hovering over a harbour near the town of Clarenville. When he arrived at the scene the UFO was present and visible. The craft stayed in the area for approximately an hour and a half, During which Blackwood switched on the roof lights of his police cruiser leading the craft to mimic the flashing lights. The craft took off like a shooting star high in the sky and disappeared.||1|
|1978-10-21||Valentich disappearance||Victoria||Australia||Contacting air traffic control, an Australian pilot reported seeing a UFO before both he and his aircraft vanished.||2|
|1978-12-21||Kaikoura lights||South Island||New Zealand||A series of sightings by a Safe Air freight plane; the airplane was escorted by strange lights that changed color and size.||1|
|1979-01-03||1979 Mindalore Incident||Krugersdorp||South Africa||A mother and her 12-year-old son of Mindalore, Krugersdorp, both claimed an encounter with a group of human-like entities standing beside a craft. One of them encouraged her to depart with them permanently. After she refused, they entered the craft which then shot upwards and disappeared in 30 seconds.||5|
|1979-08-27||Val Johnson incident||Marshall County, Minnesota||United States||A deputy sheriff spotted a bright light which appeared to have collided with his patrol car and damaged it. The deputy also suffered temporary retinal damage from the "light".||2|
|1979-11-09||Dechmont Woods Encounter||Dechmont Law near Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland||United Kingdom||A forester, Bob Taylor, was pulled by two spiked globes towards a large spheroid object, which hovered on a clearing. He lost consciousness and afterwards had trouble walking and speaking. He was also constantly thirsty for several days.||2|
|1979-11-11||Manises UFO incident||Valencia, Province of Valencia||Spain||Three large UFOs forced a commercial flight to make an emergency landing at Manises Airport.||2|
|1980-12-24 to 28||Rendlesham-Woodbridge Incident||Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England||United Kingdom||A sighting by USAF personnel, which at first appeared to be a downed aircraft.||2|
|1980-12-29||Cash-Landrum incident||On state highway FM 1485 in New Caney, Texas||United States||A huge diamond-shaped object expelling flame and emitting heat irradiated three witnesses on an isolated road in dense woods, who all required treatment for radiation poisoning. The UFO was escorted by military helicopters including CH-47 Chinooks. The victims have since sued the United States Government.||2|
|1981-01-08||Trans-en-Provence Case||Trans-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur||France||Retired contractor Renato Nicolai said he saw a flying object shaped like two inverted bowls that reportedly left circular traces on the grass.||2|
|1981-12-31||Hudson Valley Sightings/Hudson Valley Boomerang||Hudson Valley||United States||A wave of reported UFO sightings in the Hudson Valley which ran until 1987, peaking in 1983-84.||2, 3 & 4|
|1983-06-30||Copely Woods Encounter||A suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana||United States||Hundreds of Basketball-Sized ball of lights were sighted around a neighborhood, leaving unusually obvious marks behind. Budd Hopkins wrote his book "Intruders" about the case.||4|
|1985-12-27||Communion||New York||United States||Author Whitley Strieber claims he was abducted by aliens while at his cabin in upstate New York.||4|
|1986-01-29||Height 611 UFO incident||Dalnegorsk, Primorski Krai||Soviet Union||The inhabitants of the town watched a reddish ball which crashed into a mount known as Height 611. According some ufologist there was an UFO crash.||2?|
|1986-05-19||São Paulo UFO sighting||São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||Brazilian Air Force allegedly detect and intercept UFOs in southeastern Brazil.||2|
|1986-11-17||Japan Air Lines flight 1628 incident||From eastern to south central Alaska||United States||First two square-shaped, then one very large craft witnessed by the crew flew alongside Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 for 50 minutes above Alaska. One of the objects trailing the Boeing 747 was detected by military radar.||2|
|1987-11-11||Gulf Breeze UFO incident||Florida||United States||Ed Walters, a building contractor claimed to see a UFO and take photos of it.||2|
|1989-09-27||Voronezh UFO incident||Voronezh||Soviet Union||A group of youths claimed to have seen a UFO and a "three eyed alien".||3|
|1990-03-30||Belgian UFO wave||Ans, Wallonia||Belgium||Reports of large, silent, low-flying black triangles, allegedly investigated by Belgium's military.||2|
|1990-08-24||Greifswald Lights||Greifswald, Bezirk Rostock||East Germany, Central Europe||At 8,30 p.m. many people saw a group of 7 luminous spheres in the sky. The spheres took the form of a Y and were witnessed for about 30 minutes. Photographic evidence exists.||2|
|1991-04-07||Baviaanspoort Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A hovering triangular craft with red central light, and white star-like lights on each extremity, was observed by a family at Baviaanspoort, Pretoria. A similar craft was sighted in the nearby Eersterust township on the evenings of 8 and 9 April, either stationary or moving.||1|
|1991-09-15||STS-48 incident||Space Shuttle Discovery while in orbit||Outer space||Video taken during mission STS-48 shows a flash of light and several objects, apparently flying in an artificial or controlled fashion. NASA explained them as ice particles reacting to engine jets.||0|
|1993-08-08||Kelly Cahill Abduction||at a road in the Dandenong Ranges near Belgrave, Victoria||Australia||Housewife Kelly Cahill reported seeing a large craft and beings with glowing red eyes.||5|
|1993-11-18||Sasolburg Sighting||Sasolburg||South Africa||Residents of Sasolburg observed a craft arriving from the direction of Vereeniging. The craft departed in a flash in the direction of Parys, but returned some three minutes later. The craft, similar in appearance to a water droplet, was observed to change colour and shape. With time individual lights were distinguished, and the body was determined to be cigar-shaped. While contained in a yellowish to orange glow, it emitted a downward blue light, before once again departing in a flash, upwards. A nearby town resident claimed to have found imprints of a small craft's landing gear some two months later.||1, 2|
|1994-09||Warrenton Sighting||Warrenton||South Africa||A farmer claimed to have made repeated observations of a noisy, nighttime craft travelling at great speeds, besides what he described as a 'mother ship'. The craft's noise was compared to the sound of a helicopter or Volkswagen Beetle engine. The farmer's general claims were supported by four independent observers.||1|
|1994-09-16||Ariel UFO incident||Ruwa, East Mashonaland||Zimbabwe||62 children saw a landed round aircraft and a small man next to it near their school.||3|
|1995-03||South Africa UFO Flap||South Africa||South Africa||A UFO flap swept South Africa from late March to mid April 1995, which was widely reported in the media.||2|
|1995-05-25||America West Airlines Flight 564||Bovina, Texas||United States||A 300–400 foot long cigar-shaped UFO with rotating strobe light followed an America West Boeing 757||2|
|1996-01-20||Varginha UFO incident||Varginha||Brazil||Brazilian Armed Forces allegedly captured extraterrestrial being after an UFO crash. The Brazilian government has officially denied these claims. According to a military inquest, a local man with disabilities was mistaken for an alien.||3|
|1996-07-28||Erasmuskloof Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A glowing disc was sighted by Sergeant Becker near the Adriaan Vlok police station, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria. The pulsating light contained a red triangle and emitted bright green tentacles, while a radar operator at Johannesburg International confirmed its presence. A chase ensued involving some 200 policemen and a police helicopter. The helicopter chase was given up at 10,000 ft near Bronkhorstspruit, when the object made a vertical ascent.||1|
|1996-10-05||Westendorff UFO sighting||Pelotas||Brazil||Pilot observes a UFO emerge from a mother craft||1|
|1996-12-02||STS-80 incidents||Space Shuttle Columbia while in orbit||Outer space||A video taken during mission STS-80 of the Space Shuttle Columbia was analyzed by Mark J. Carlotto. It included three unusual phenomena: two slow-moving circular objects; a strange rapidly moving burst of light near the Earth's surface; and a number of object traces near the shuttle. The first two may be shuttle debris and an unusual atmospheric phenomenon. An analysis of the object traces near the shuttle suggested they were not shuttle debris or meteors, though James Oberg deemed them to be nearby sunlit debris.||2|
|1997-03-13||Phoenix Lights||Phoenix, Arizona||United States||Lights and craft of varying descriptions, most notably a V-shaped pattern, were seen by thousands of people between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles, from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson.||1|
|1997-07||Trichardt Sighting||Trichardt||South Africa||A hovering, cylindrical light or shiny cloud, was filmed by Andreas Mathios in the sky above the town of Trichardt, in the current western Mpumalanga province. Besides Mathios, it was independently observed by three other persons around 6:50am. The light suddenly dropped and rose again before disappearing.||0|
|1998-12-27||Graaff-Reinet sighting||Graaff-Reinet||South Africa||The Laubscher family videotaped a group of roundish triangular craft passing over the town of Graaff-Reinet, at about 25,000 ft. These were changing colour and sometimes circled one another, before being overtaken by a much larger, shiny, gold-coloured craft. At this point all the objects departed to a cloud bank on the horizon.||0|
|2000-05-08||Warden Sighting||Warden||South Africa||Police inspector Kriel claimed to have observed an approaching UFO while travelling on the N3 freeway, 70 km north of Warden in the eastern Free State province. The orange, oval-shaped light was fitted with two cupolas, one above and another below, and was wide enough to cover four lanes of the freeway. After a close approach the craft receded again. A follow up report claimed that the vicinity is known for moving light apparitions.||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|2001-07-15||Carteret UFO case||Carteret, New Jersey||United States||At least 15 people, including 2 police officers, stopped their cars along the New Jersey Turnpike to view light formations in the night sky.||1|
|2004-03-05||2004 Mexican UFO incident||Mexico||A drug-smuggling air-patrol recorded on infrared camera what some claimed to be UFOs. The footage was released by Jaime Maussan. The objects were however convincingly correlated with the burn-off flares of oil platforms.||2|
|2004-08-21 to 2006-10-31||The Tinley Park Lights||Tinley Park, Illinois||United States||A sequence of five mass UFO sightings, first on August 21, 2004, two months later on October 31, 2004, again on October 1 of 2005, and once again on October 31, 2006, in Tinley Park and Oak Park, Chicago.||1|
|2006-11-07||2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting||Chicago, Illinois||United States||United Airlines employees and pilots claimed sightings of a saucer-shaped, unlit craft hovering over a Chicago O'Hare Airport terminal, before shooting up vertically.||1|
|2007-04-23||2007 Alderney UFO sighting||Alderney||Bailiwick of Guernsey||Two airline pilots on separate flights spot UFOs off the coast of Alderney.||1|
|2007-10-29||2007 Kolkata UFO sighting||Kolkata||India||A fast moving object was spotted at 30° in the eastern horizon between 3:30AM and 6:30AM and filmed on handycam. Its shape shifted from a sphere to a triangle and then to a straight line. The object emitted a bright light forming a halo and radiated a range of colours. It was spotted by many people and hundreds gathered along the E.M. Bypass to catch a glimpse of the UFO, triggering a frenzy. The video footage was released on a TV News channel and later shown to Dr. D.P. Duari, the director of MP Birla Planetarium, Kolkata, who found it to be "extremely interesting and strange".||1|
|2007-11-28 to 2011-12-13||Dudley Dorito||West Midlands conurbation||United Kingdom||The Dudley Dorito sightings concerns multiple sightings of a black triangle over the West Midlands conurbation of the United Kingdom which began in November 2007. The phrase was coined by the local press after hearing witness descriptions of the object.||1|
|2008-01-08 to 2008-02-09||Stephenville, Texas UFO sightings||Stephenville, Texas, Dublin, Texas, Crawford, Texas||United States||UFOs were, and are sometimes still reported from this area. One was an object described as 1 mile (1.6 km) by 1.5 miles (2.4 km) in size, spotted over Bush Ranch in Crawford, Texas. The Air Force has identified the objects as training fighter jets that went unreported due to a "communications problem".||1|
|2008-05 to 2008-09||2008 Turkey UFO sightings||Istanbul||Turkey||Over a four-month span in 2008, a night guard at the Yeni Kent Compound videotaped one or more UFOs over Turkey at nighttime. Many witnesses confirmed the two and a half hours' worth of video, leading the Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center to dub it the "most important images of a UFO ever filmed".||2|
|2008-06-20||Wales UFO sightings||different cities, Wales||United Kingdom||According to media reports, a police helicopter was almost hit by a UFO, before it tried to pursue it. Hundreds of people reported to have witnessed a UFO on the same or preceding days, from different areas of Wales.||2|
|2009-01-05||Morristown UFO hoax||Morristown, New Jersey||USA||In the evenining, many citizens in Morristown and other town in Morris County, New Jersey saw five red lights in the sky. After three months, two men from the Morristown area announced they had organized an UFO hoax, meant as a "social experiment".||1|
|2009-02-27||Middelburg Witbank Sighting||Middelburg - Witbank||South Africa||Two formations of high-flying, orange-red objects, were seen by many witnesses, and video-recorded by some, as they traveled between the towns of Middelburg and Witbank, 25 kilometres (16 mi) apart. The first formation of 7 objects were seen at 21:51 on 27 February, as they flew westwards from Middelburg towards Witbank. Due to their altitude they eventually disappeared behind clouds. At 20:00 on 6 March, they were noted again high in the sky, but this time greater in number, 23, and traveling in the opposite direction.||1|
|2009-12-09||2009 Norwegian spiral anomaly||Finnmark||Norway and Sweden||A large, circular spinning white light, trailed by a long blue tail over the skies of Norway was spotted by thousands for two minutes around 8:45 am on December 9. The Norwegian media and space center were swamped with calls, and the phenomenon was held to be anything from a UFO to a unique aurora borealis event. The following day Russian authorities confirmed a failed Bulava launch, explaining the anomaly.||1|
|2010-01-25||Harbour Mille incident||Harbour Mille, Newfoundland and Labrador||Canada||At least three UFOs were spotted over Harbour Mille. The objects looked like missiles but emitted no noise.||1|
|2010-07-07||Hangzou UFO sighting||Hangzou||China||An Unidentified Flying Object was spotted above Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport at 9.00 p.m. The airport was closed down due to the sighting.||1|
|2010-07-21||Booysens Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||Residents of Booysens, Pretoria, observed a triangle of bright lights which hung motionless in the sky for two hours. In each instance the object commenced a slow descent towards the horizon at 20:30. Binocular observation revealed nothing more than a blue and emerald light, with a white light which shone straight downwards.||1|
|2010-10-23||Warren Air Force Base||Wyoming||United States||UFO sighting coincides with 50 nuclear missiles going off-line.||1, 2|
|2011-01-28||Jerusalem Dome of the Rock UFO incident||Jerusalem||Israel||Later shown to be a hoax.||0|
|2011-02-20||2011 Vancouver UFO sighting||Vancouver, Washington||United States||Reports of purple and red flashing lights appearing in the sky on the evening of February 20, 2011 were revealed as a hoax by the owner of a large Chinese made kite with lights attached.||0|
|2011-05-11||Tierpoort Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A host of silent, orange lights with consistent luminosity were observed as they traveled faster than a commercial aeroplane over Tierpoort near Pretoria (some 20 objects) and Krugersdorp respectively. On 15 June seven of these objects were observed and some photographed as they crossed the sky in single file over Tierpoort.||1|
|2014-06-04||Kensington PEI Sighting||Kensington, Prince Edward Island||Canada||While putting out a bonfire late in the evening of June 4, 2014, John Sheppard witnessed unusual lights in the sky over the Gulf of St. Lawrence and captured 22 minutes of it on his cellphone. After reporting the incident to MUFON and their investigation concluding it being a confirmed sighting, CBC covered the event. The next day, CBC released a followup article in which a series of alternate explanations for the event were presented.||0|
|2014-08-11||Mass UFO sighting||Houston, Texas||United States||Many people in Houston, Texas saw a ring of lights, flying during a thunderstorm and this was captured on video, object seemed to be transparent but the lights were arranged in a circle with a central light visible on some pictures.||1|
|2014-10-03||Colorado UFO sighting||Breckenridge, Colorado||United States||The police in Breckenridge, Colorado received not only one but multiple reports of UFO sightings over the city. The mysterious objects remained stationary for periods of up to 15 minutes at a time. After that, a flash would appear and the “objects would take off across the mountain ridge”.||1|
|2014-11-11||Airplane Disc Sighting||Alborz||Iran||Plane passenger records speeding circular 'UFO' zooming beneath the jet he was in as it flies over Iran. According to the Daily Mail, "the most likely explanation is that it is high tech drone being operated by the Iranian military."||1|
|2015-06-25||2015 Kanpur UFO sighting||Kanpur||India||A schoolboy claimed to have captured photographs of a UFO.||1|
|2015-11-28||2015 Gorakhpur UFO sighting||Gorakhpur||India||The UFO, a huge disc-shaped flying object, was reportedly caught hovering over Padri market in Gorakhpur. Rumours are doing the rounds on the web that the UFO was the same object that was spotted in Lucknow and Kanpur a few months prior.
The viral pictures were clicked by an individual identified as Rinku, who reportedly said the object was rotating on its own. The photos have been widely circulated on messaging apps such as WhatsApp and social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter. However, the district administration has dismissed the rumours, saying it was just another hoax. The viral images are being studied by experts from Gorakhpur University.
Notes and references
- Marrs,Jim. Alien Agenda. HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. p. 61. ISBN 0-06-018642-9.
- Budge, E. A. Wallis, Egyptian Language, Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd., London, 1966: pp. 194-196.
- Diodorus Siculus, Bibliotheca historica, Book 16, Chapter 66
- Mary MacGregor, Walter Crane, The Story of Greece, Yesterday Classics, Chaped Hill, 2006
- "The History of Rome, Book 21, Chapter 62". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Plutarch, Lucullus, 8.6, on Perseus
- "Stothers, Richard. "Unidentified Flying Objects in Classical Antiquity" The Classical Journal 103.1 (2007) 79-92" (PDF). The Classical Journal. Retrieved 2012-10-06. p. 87
- War of the Jews Book VI, sect. 296 (Ch. 5, par. 3)
- (Annales Laurissenses Maiores, in MGH SRG 6, p. 44).
- Pertz, G.H. (1895). "Rerum Germanicum, Annales Regni Francorum et Annales". Impenses Bibliopolii Hahniani. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- De Grandine et Tonitruis pp. 8-10: "Plerosque autem vidimus et audivimus tanta dementia obrutos, tanta stultitia alienatos, ut credant et dicant quandam esse regionem, quæ dicatur Magonia, ex qua naves veniant in nubibus, in quibus fruges, quæ grandinibus decidunt, et tempestatibus pereunt, vehantur in eamdem regionem, ipsis videlicet nautis aëreis dantibus pretia tempestariis, et accipientibus frumenta vel ceteras fruges. Ex his item tam profunda stultitia excoecatis, ut haec posse fieri credant, vidimus plures in quodam conventu hominum exhibere vinctos quatuor homines, tres viros, et unam feminam, quasi qui de ipsis navibus ceciderint :; quos scilicet per aliquot dies in vinculis detentos, tandem collecto conventu hominum exhibuerunt, ut dixi, in nostra præsentia, tanquam lapidandos. Sed tamen vincente veritate, post multam ratiocinationem, ipsi qui eos exhibuerant, secundum propheticum illud confusi sunt, sicut confunditur fur quando deprehenditur".
- "UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561 - Nuremberg, Germany - April 4". UFO Evidence. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- UFO sighting over Basel, Switzerland in 1566
- Primele semnalari OZN romanesti (Romanian)
- Gregorian date October 26, 1609. Original lunar date Giyu year 9th month 25th day.
- Equivalent Gregorian date. Original lunar date Giyu year 8th month 25th day.
- "Volume 20, Entry 3". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Kazuo Tanaka: Did a close encounter of the Third Kind occur on a Japanese beach in 1803? In: Sceptical Inquirer. Vol. 24, No. 4, Juli/August 2000, ISSN 0194-6730, p. 37–44
- Masaru Mori: The female alien in a hollow vessel. In: Fortean Times. Vol. 48, Dennis Publishing Ltd., London 1987, ISSN 0308-5899, p. 48–50.
- "A List of UFO Sightings by Astronomers". Scribd.com. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Scientific American. Munn & Company. 1886. pp. 389–. Retrieved 2013-05-24.
- Close Encounters of a Kind Time magazine
- Aurora - Can a space alien rest in peace? Houston Chronicle
- "Papers Past — Evening Post — 4 August 1921 — A MYSTERY OF 1909". Paperspast.natlib.govt.nz. 1921-08-04. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Papers Past — Wanganui Herald — 27 July 1909 — AN OTAGO AIRSHIP MYSTERY". Paperspast.natlib.govt.nz. 1909-07-27. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada, Heavenly Lights 2005
- Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada, Celestial Secrets 2007
- Joaquim Fernandes, Fernando Fernandes and Raul Berenguel, Fatima Revisited 2008
- "Foo-Fighter". time.com. TIME. 1945-01-15. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- Henry Stevens (2003-02-01). Hitler's Flying Saucers. ISBN 9781931882132.
- Ryan S. Wood. "The First Roswell: Evidence For A Crash Retrieval In Cape Girardeau Missouri In 1941" (PDF). MUFON. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Missouri's UFO crash preceded Roswell by six years". The Ozarks Sentinel. Archived from the original on 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Holly Brantley (August 3, 2012). "Close encounters of the Heartland kind". KFVS12.
- 140 Years of UFO sightings Telegraph:
- L.A. ‘Battle’ Launched a Golden Age of UFOs Los Angeles Times:
- Science in the Early Twentieth Century - Jacob Darwin Hamblin - 2005
- The Rough Guide to Sweden: James Proctor & Neil Roland
- Is strange rock from UFO or just a piece of poppycock? Seattle p.i.com
- Saucers in the sky BBC News Magazine:
- Report on Roswell ‘UFO crash’ due soon CNN
- Edgar Mitchell#Views on UFOs
- O Fantastico Caso Higgins
- Mysterious Green Fireballs, UFOs, And The "Roswell Incident" Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
- Clyde Tombaugh#Interest in UFOs
- Captain Thomas Francis Mantell Jr. Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. National Guard History eMuseum
- Clark, Jerome (2003). Strange Skies: Pilot Encounters with UFOs. Citadel Press. p. 66. ISBN 0-8065-2299-2.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- "NARCAP UFO Report". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- UFO. A History, 1950:April-July
- Bernardini, Ezio. "Man encounters humanoids at Varese". UFO Evidence. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- The Trent Farm Photos Dr. Bruce Maccabee Research Website
- The Mariana UFO Incident Great Falls Tribune
- Some Lubbock Residents Spot A UFO Traveling Across Texas KCBD News Channel
- B. J. Booth. "1951, The Fort Monmouth UFO Case". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Something in the air: 50 years ago, UFOs streaked over D.C. The Seattle Times
- Nash/Fortenberry Case
- Noah, Timothy. "How To Tell the New York Times from the Weekly World News". Slate.com, May 28, 2002. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- Mayher 16 mm movie film
- UFO sighting by RAF pilot in 1952
- The UFO sighting that convinced a Government Minister
- "The Legend of the Flatwoods Monster". Wvculture.org. 2002-09-12. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- The Phantom of Flatwoods Braxton Citizens’ News
- Flatwoods monster meets with Mothman at UFO extravaganza The Register-Herald
- B-29 Encounters High-Speed Targets over Gulf
- "Prescott Evening Courier, Vol. 71 #98-May 22, 1953". News.google.com. 1953-05-22. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- Airmen's disappearance remains a mystery Wisconsin State Journal:
- "Kelly Johnson's UFO Encounter - Unexplained Mysteries - Videos". Unexplained Mysteries. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "The Lockheed UFO Case". Conspiracy101.com. 1947-07-07. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "1954 - Tananarive, Madagascar - Multiple Witnesses to UFOs - UFO Casebook Files".
- Lynn Picknett, The Mammoth Book of UFOs, Consteble & Robinson Ltd, 2001
- "15 top UFO sightings in India – Uncle from Mars did visit us". MumbaiGloss.
- Worldwide UFO wave of 1954
- Siege of ‘Little Green Men’ - The 1955 Kelly, Kentucky, Incident Skeptical Inquirer
- Hind, Cynthia (March 1992). "Woman takes photo of flying saucer". UFO Afrinews. 5: 28.
- Lakenheat 1956:A UK visual-radar UFO classic
- Astronaut Gordon Cooper Witnesses UFO Landing at Edwards AFB John Cooke, UFO Evidence
- Rebecca Camber (25 October 2008). "U.S. fighter pilot: 'I was ordered to fire 24 rockets at UFO flying over East Anglia.'". Mail Online'.
- ['http://www.ufocasebook.com/rb47.html' "The RB-47 UFO Encounter"] Check
- Richards, Dillon H.; Stirling, Janet I. (2011). Searching for UFOs: Mystery explorers. The Rosen Publishing Group. p. 64. ISBN 1448847656.
- Zappler], Reader's digest ; [chief contributing writer, Richard Marshall ; contributing writers, Monte Davis, Valerie Moolman, Georg (1982). Mysteries of the unexplained (Repr. with amendments ed.). Pleasantville, N.Y.: Reader's Digest Association. p. 219. ISBN 0895771462.
- They came from out'a spaceThe Independent
- A FRESH LOOK AT FLYING SAUCERS Time magazine
- National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena; Richard Hall (1964). The UFO evidence: (unidentified flying objects). National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Trindade Island's UFO". Cohenufo.org. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Morford, Mark (2008-02-27). "How creepy to you want it?". http://www.sfgate.com. SFGate. Retrieved 2008-07-05. External link in
- "1959-The Papua, New Guinea UFOs". Ufos.about.com. 1959-04-05. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Bill Chalker (2007-08-19). "Reverend William (Bill) Booth Gill (1928-2007)". Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- Eagle River Close Encounter
- Testament for Believers Time magazine
- Primary catalogue of type 1 cases in Argentina
- The Magonia database from February 1958 to November 1962
- City plans to make UFO site into tourist attraction El Defensor Chieftain
- Roy Craig (1995). Ufos: An Insider's View of the Official Quest for Evidence. University of North Texas Press. pp. 116–. ISBN 978-0-929398-94-5. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Louis Theroux (4 September 2008). Call of the Weird: Travels in American Subcultures. Pan Macmillan. pp. 22–. ISBN 978-0-330-47348-4. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Norman Muscarello Recalls His UFO Incident at Exeter SeacoastNH
- Hall, Richard (1965-09-17). "UFOs: A New Look (NICAP 1969)". Associated Press, Johannesburg.
- NASA to search files on '65 UFO incident MSNBC
- Coleman, Loren. Mothman and Other Curious Encounters. Paraview.com Inc. ISBN 978-1931044349.
- "UFO Analysis Puts Sheriff In Dither". Toledo Blade. Ann Arbor, Mich. Mar 30, 1966. p. 8. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "J. Allen Hynek (1910-1986) Papers, 1925-1988". Findingaids.library.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Academic throws light on 40-year-old UFO mystery". The Age. Melbourne. 2005-10-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "UFO Hunters — Catalina Island — History.com Videos". History.com. 1997-03-13. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- American Chronicle: More UFOs reported over Ohio
- Brenda Denzler (1 June 2003). The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of Ufos. University of California Press. pp. 54–. ISBN 978-0-520-93027-8. Retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Falcon Lake, Manitoba Library and Archives of Canada
- French Get a Look at Nation's UFO Files Washington Post
- The mysterious San Luis Valley, part I Cyberwest Magazine
- Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia Library and Archives of Canada
- Canadian Department of National Defence Memo Library and Archives of Canada
- Paul R. Hill (1995), Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis, Hampton Roads Publishing, p. 59; 132, ISBN 978-1612831817
- Jon Hahn (Nov 27, 2002), Welcome mat is out for UFO at the Vashon 'spaceport', Seattle Post Intelligencer
- "February 1968 sightings", Project Blue Book, United States Air Force, p. NARA-PBB1-447
- Webb, Walter N. Encounter at Buff Ledge: A UFO Case History. J Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (1993) ISBN 978-0929343600
- Donderi, Don. UFOs, ETs, and Alien Abductions: A Scientist Looks at the Evidence. Hampton Roads Publishing (2013) ISBN 9781571746955. page 103
- Ffolkes-3 (13 September 1998). "The Secret KGB UFO Files (TV Movie 1998)". IMDb.
- Carter files report on UFO sighting History.com
- Tony Jinks (19 October 2011). An Introduction to the Psychology of Paranormal Belief and Experience. McFarland. pp. 110f. ISBN 978-0-7864-6544-6. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Breytenbach, Willem (1997-06-27). "Fort Beaufort se VVV". Beeld newspaper. p. 13.
- Hind, Cynthia (1982). UFO's - African Encounters. Gemini. ISBN 0-7974-0533-X.
- Brian Vike (2007-08-27). "Breaside Fort Beaufort, South Africa - South African Police Fire At UFO". HBCC UFO Research. American Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2009-06-17. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Macgregor, David (1997-07-08). "Farmer shoots at UFO in 1972". Sunday Independent. Archived from the original on 2009-06-17. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Hind, Cynthia (July 1988). "Comment". UFO Afrinews. 1: 6–10.
- Spencer, John (1991). World Atlas of UFOs. Hamlyn Publishing Group, London. p. 149.
- Spencer, John (1993). The UFO Encyclopedia. Avon Books, New York. p. 297.
- "COULD E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL BE A.M. THE ANIMAL MUTILATOR?". Deseret News. Feb 25, 1990. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- James Oberg "The Skylab 3 Mission "UFO Photographs" of 1973" from 2011-12-21 at http://debunker.com, retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Gregory L. Reece (15 August 2007). UFO Religion: Inside Flying Saucer Cults and Culture. I. B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1-84511-451-0. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Conspiracy Theories in American History - Peter Knight
- Fort Walton Beach, Florida, "Eglin Radar Installation Tracks UFO Over I-10", Playground News, Friday 19 October 1973, page 1.
- R. M. W. Musson, 2006. The enigmatic Bala earthquake of 1974, Astronomy & Geophysics, vol. 47 no 5, pp 11–15.
- Berwyn Mountains Incident BBC
- Spencer, John (1991). World Atlas of UFOs. Smithmark Publishers Inc. pp. 149–150.
- UFO Hunters: Book One. Tor Books, a division of Macmillan Publishers. 2013. pp. 131-141. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- History Channel. "UFO Hunters: Unexplained: Mexico's Roswell: The Coyame Crash". History Channel.
- The "Stonehenge" incident of January 1975
- Francis Ridge (1975-10-30). "UFO CHASED BY KC-135 TANKER". Nicap.org. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Bases reported UFOs in '75". The Milwaukee Sentinel. Jan 19, 1979. pp. 1, 7. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "The Kentucky Abductions". UFO Evidence. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Observation in the Canary Islands in 1976". Retrieved 2009-12-31.
- Booth, Billy. "1976-The Allagash Alien Abduction". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Fowler, Raymond E. (1993). "The Allagash Abductions". UFO Evidence. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- UFOs are not just a case of science fiction, say pilots Irish Independent
- Pratt, Bob. "Colares". Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- Bourton, Tom (5 July 2007). "New details on UFO case revealed". BBC News. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "Archive: Dyfed Triangle UFO sighting from 1970s". BBC News. 12 July 2012.
- Young Polish artist Hubert Czerepok reflects on visit of those Strange Tourists from the cosmos Kraków Post
- Cst Blackwood's testimoney
- Retired RCMP officer remembers Clarenville UFO experience The Packet
- Pilot spots 'UFO' over Guernsey BBC
- Victoria's own X-File unsolved 30 years on Brisbane Times
- "We are not alone: lights in the sky". Waikato Times. July 27, 2007. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Hind, Cynthia (March–April 1979). "The Mystery at Mindalore". The Mufon UFO Journal. 134.
- Back on the radar Los Angeles Times
- The Minnesota Book of Days Tony Greiner
- "Obituary: Robert Taylor". The Economist. 2007-03-29. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- The Anomaly Foundation Solves the "Manises" UFO Case fundacion anomalia
- UFOs - Rendlesham, Suffolk BBC
- "CASH-LANDRUM CASE" REPORTED TO SHOW SEVERE PHYSICAL EFFECTS CSICOP – The Klass Files
- Hearst Magazines (May 2001). Popular Mechanics. Hearst Magazines. pp. 66–. ISSN 0032-4558. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Vikas Khatri (2006). Mysteries Around Ufos And Aliens. Pustak Mahal. p. 82. ISBN 9788122309447.
- www.amazon.com. ISBN 0394560760.
- Jordan-Kauble, Debbie (2003-06-30). "The Copely Woods, Indiana Encounter". UFO Casebook. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Janet Maslin (November 10, 1989). "Communion, A True Story". New York Times.
- FAA Checking into "UFO" Over Alaska Daily Sitka Sentinel, 5 Jan 1987
- UFO Lands in Russia? Writer now Waffles
- "SUNDAY EXPRESS Newspaper, September 17, 1995". Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "The Greifswald Lights". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Correspondent (1991-04-08). "Ma en seun sien 'n helder VVV". Beeld newspaper. p. 6.
- Van der Westhuizen, Gert (1991-04-09). "VVV se skynsels was soos 'n ster s'n". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Snyman, Dana (1991-04-10). "Vreemde voorwerp vlieg wéér oor Pta". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Plait, Philip C. (2002). Bad Astronomy. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-40976-6.
- Good, Timothy (2000). Unearthly Disclosure. Random House. pp. 51ff. ISBN 9781446456965.
- Chalker, Bill (2005). Hair of the Alien: DNA and Other Forensic Evidence of Alien Abductions. Simon and Schuster. pp. 49–67. ISBN 1416510249.
- Taylor, Bruce (1993-11-23). "Vreemde ding in lug bo SA dorp". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Taylor, Bruce (1994-01-14). "VVV op Sasolburg". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Van der Walt, Sarel (1994-10-13). "VVV's bo sy plaas klink soos 'n Volksie". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Cynthia Hind "The Children of Ariel School - Case No. #96. Ruwa, Zimbabwe" in UFO AFRINEWS 1994 at UFO Evidence, retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Stephane Allix "Experiencers" (german sub) on Youtube, retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Correspondent (1995-03-31). "Ruimtepiering land by boer". Beeld newspaper. p. 1.
- Correspondent (1995-04-06). "5 Voortrekkers sien VVV op kamp". Beeld newspaper. p. 9.
- Correspondent (1995-04-19). "Iets vreemds hang in lug". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- 1995-America West 564 UFO, Billy Booth, About.com Guide
- "forgetomori » The Varginha Incident: Case Closed?".
- Coetzee, Sandra (1996-08-29). "VVV vlug van Pretoria na Bronkhorstspruit". Beeld newspaper. p. 1.
- Coetzee, Sandra (1996-08-30). "VVV by Pta bly 'n raaisel". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Pienaar, Antoinette (1996-09-02). "Opgewondenheid oor VVV het nog nie gaan lê". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Carlotto, Mark J. (Summer 2005). "Anomalous Phenomena in Space Shuttle Mission STS-80 Video". New Frontiers in Science. 4 (4).
- "STS-80 UFO - high quality version". RealUFOs. April 21, 2008.
- Price, Richard (1997-06-18). "Arizonans say the truth about UFO is out there" (PDF). USA Today. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- Fife Symington (November 9, 2007). "Symington: I saw a UFO in the Arizona sky". CNN.
- Henriët, Philna (1997-08-19). "4 sien VVV wat soos sigaret lyk". Beeld newspaper. p. 6.
- Herbiet, Noël (1998-02-27). ECUFOR case ref 01JLGR27128. Evaluation Center for UFO Reports.
- Hind, Cynthia (July 1999). "UFO on Video, Case No 149". UFO Afrinews. 20: 22–23.
- Liebenberg, Dries (2000-05-09). "Polisievrou séker sy sien vreemde lig". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Dean Schabner (July 19, 2001). "Flares Or UFO? Jury Still Out.". ABC News. Retrieved 2001-07-19.
- "NY-SPI Investigates Carteret UFO Case.". NY-SPI. January 20, 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- Smith, James C. (July 24, 2004). "The Mexican Air Force UFO Affair: Aliens, Ball Lightning, or Flares?". Skeptic. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- "Lights in sky over Tinley Park have UFO believers looking up". Abclocal.go.com. October 18, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Jeff Ruby (May 27, 2007). "Do You Believe? - Chicago Magazine". Chicagomag.com. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health". MSNBC. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "'UFO' spooks pilots over Chicago". The Age. Melbourne. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- de Woolfson, Joel (April 26, 2007). "Pilot's UFO shock". This is Guernsey. Archived from the original on 2007-05-01. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- "UFO puzzle has city in a tizzy". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Did a UFO come over Kolkata?". dna. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Kolkata in a tizzy over UFO sighting". merinews.com. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Shape of things to come?" Express & Star, (Wolverhampton) dated 11 January 2008. Recovered on 13 April 2008.
- "Is there plane truth behind the UFOs?" Express & Star, (Wolverhampton) dated 16 January 2008. Recovered on 13 April 2008.
- "UFOs? Nope. They were fighter jets, Air Force says" CNN.com. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- 'Flying Saucer' filmed over Turkey The Sun
- UFO spotted by police helicopter BBC
- How we staged the Morristown UFO hoax
- Otto, Aletta (2010-03-10). "Wat is dié vlieënde voorwerpe?". Beeld. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- Brian Vike (2009-04-12). "Aerorand, Middelburg, South Africa Five Round Orange/Red Objects (Video)". HBCC UFO Research. American Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Wheeler, Virginia (2009-12-09). "Spiral UFO puts Norway in a spin". The Sun. London.
- Moskowitz, Clara (2009-12-10). "Russia admits missile caused UFO lights". msnbc.com.
- "DND, RCMP mum on UFO mystery". CBC News. 2010-01-27.
- UFO in China closes airport and prompts investigation
- Van Rooyen, Fanie (2010-07-25). "VVV oor Pretoria slaan talle dronk" [UFO over Pretoria save many drunk] (in Afrikaans). Beeld. Archived from the original on August 28, 2010. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "Did UFO cause power failure at nuclear missile base?". Mail Online/Daily Mail. July 8, 2011.
- "Dome of the Rock Jerusalem light all proof UFO fans need that aliens exist". news.com.au. 2011-02-03.
- "Jerusalem UFO 'Almost Certainly a Hoax'". Discovery News. 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "UFO revealed to be kite with lights". March 9, 2011. United Press International. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- van Rooyen, Fanie (2011-06-15). "Nóg 'n vrou sien vreemde oranje ligte" [Another woman saw strange orange lights]. Beeld (in Afrikaans). Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- van Rooyen, Fanie (2011-06-13). "Wat is die oranje lig op dié foto" [What is the orange light on this picture]. Beeld (news24.com) (in Afrikaans). Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Ebersohn, Karen (2011-11-03). "Vreemde vlieënde vuurballe bo Harrismith gesien" [Strange flying fireballs seen over Harrismith] (in Afrikaans). Nuus24. p. 3. Archived from the original on 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "UFO sighting in P.E.I. backed by national group". CBC. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- Chapin, Laura (2016-01-13). "UFO sighting in P.E.I. disputed". CBC.
- "Aliens attack: People of Houston, Texas claim they were visited by a UFO as lights are spotted in the sky". Metro News. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Korsgard, Ryan (2014-08-11). "Were there UFOs over Houston?". KPRC 2 News. Houston.
- cdunavent (October 8, 2014). "UFO sighted over Breckenridge". Breckenridge Colorado. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- cdunavent (October 8, 2014). "UFO sighted over Iran". Iran. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- "UFO sighting: Indian boy ready for scientific scrutiny of 'flying saucer' image captured on camera". International Business Times UK.
- "Kanpur boy clicks pictures of a UFO, but it is a bit too perfect to be believed". The Indian Express. 26 June 2015.
- Jon Austin. "Did this school boy capture the 'best ever' image of a UFO on his mobile phone?". Express.co.uk.
- "UFO sighted in Uttar Pradesh: Huge flying saucer caught hovering over Gorakhpur.' image captured on camera". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "Kanpur boy clicks pictures of a UFO, but it is a bit too perfect to be believed". The Indian Express. 26 June 2015.
- Sachin Jose. "UFO sighted in Uttar Pradesh: Huge flying saucer caught hovering over Gorakhpur?". ibtimes.co.in/reporters/sachin-jose.