List of political parties in Martinique
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Martinique is not a separate territory but a region of France. France has a multi-party system, with numerous parties in which no one party often has a chance of gaining power alone, and parties must work with each other to form coalition governments.
For further details see the article: Politics of France.
Most of the French political parties are active in Martinique.
In addition there are a number of regional parties:
- Martinican Independence Movement (Mouvement Indépendantiste Martiniquais, MIM)
- Martinican Progressive Party (Parti Progressiste Martiniquais, PPM)
- Build the Martinique Country (Batir le Pays Martinique)
- Martinican Communist Party (Parti Communiste Martiniquais, PCM) close to PCF
Local factions of French parties
- Socialist Federation of Martinique (Fédération socialiste de Martinique, FSM) close to PS
- Worker's Combat (Combat Ouvrier, CO) close to Workers' Struggle