List of Tennessee Titans broadcasters
Titans All Access is the 30-minute program devoted to the Titans providing behind-the-scenes footage of the games, and a preview of their next matchup. It initially airs on weekends during football season on Fox affiliate WZTV, with MyNetworkTV affiliate WUXP and CW affiliate WNAB providing replays.
In addition, WKRN, Nashville’s ABC affiliate, airs another locally-produced sports show, Titans on 2, which is a weekly show that provides the coach an opportunity to talk about the team's latest match-up and looks forward to the upcoming match-up. The show also features a different Titans player every week.
Game coverage on television
- Since the start of the 1998 NFL Season, the CBS Television Network is in charge of the AFC road games and most all-AFC games on Sunday afternoons. Therefore, in Nashville, WTVF is considered to be the main television station for the Titans.
- Anytime the Titans play host to an NFC team at Nissan Stadium, the team’s home venue, the game(s) are aired on Fox, including Nashville’s local Fox affiliate WZTV.
- During the preseason, which is typically played in August and early September, WKRN broadcasts most of the team’s preseason games and syndicates them to station in a few nearby markets. WKRN is the sole local broadcaster to simulcast the team’s appearances on ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
- In the event of a Sunday night game assigned to the Titans regular season schedule, NBC provides nationwide coverage for the NBC Sunday Night Football games, including WSMV, although the Titans only had one appearance in that time slot.
- Starting in 2014, CBS began simulcasting the NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football games for weeks 2-9 of the regular season. Therefore, if the Titans appear in any Thursday Night Football games within those eight weeks of the season, the game will not only be on the NFL Network, but it’ll also be seen nationally on CBS, regardless of market area. Until 2014, any of the team’s appearances on TNF not simulcast on CBS are locally simulcast on Fox affiliate WZTV. In 2016, the TNF simulcast deal has extended to include NBC for weeks 11-16, with CBS remaining to simulcast TNF for weeks 2-6.
- Additionally, in Canada, all of the Titans appearances on Monday Night Football are simulcast nationwide on ESPN’s Canadian sister cable channel, TSN and its French language counterpart, RDS, Réseau des sports. Sometimes, when the Titans are to appear in a Sunday afternoon game against any NFL team along the Canadian border (i.e. Seattle Seahawks, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, the CTV Television Network may pick up Canadian broadcast rights to those games. All Canadian NFL broadcasts are subject to Simultaneous substitution.
Past television coverage
From 1990 until 1994, and in 1997, still under the Oilers name, Raycom Sports had broadcast rights to preseason games. WKRN, WMC-TV/Memphis, and WVLT/Knoxville, were the three stations that ran those broadcasts in the 1997 preseason.
The Titans' flagship radio station is WGFX 104.5 FM, Mike Keith is the team's play-by-play announcer, and former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck provides color commentary during games. Larry Stone is also a part of the team doing. The Titans Radio Network is broadcast on some 70 other stations.
- History of the Tennessee Titans
- Tennessee Titans
- Titans Preseason Football
- Titans Radio Network
- National Football League on television
- "Raycom Sports To Broadcast Tennessee Oilers’ Preseason Games" (Press Release, July 23, 1997). Archived from the Original on May 29, 1998. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Titans Radio Network
- Sirius XM Radio promotional material, retrieved November 28, 2008
- "Titans Radio Contact Form & FAQ". Titans Radio Network. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Kuharsky, Paul (June 16, 2011). "At long last, Titans Radio goes satellite". ESPN. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Titans Radio Network official webpage
- Titans All Access
- TitansOnline.com - Official Website of the Tennessee Titans