List of Pro Bowl broadcasters
The following is a list of the television networks and announcers who have broadcast the National Football League's Pro Bowl throughout the years.
- From the 1951 thru the 1964 seasons, the Pro Bowl television rightsholders were the Los Angeles Newspaper Charities, as opposed to the National Football League. Since the 1965 season, the NFL has owned the telecast rights.
- The DuMont Television Network obtained rights to the 1955 game from the Los Angeles Newspaper Charities just one week before the game date. As they had trouble lining up affiliates to cover the game on such short notice, the telecast was cancelled.
- Both NBC and CBS passed on the rights to the 1957 game. ABC apparently considered televising the game, but could not gain enough clearance of affiliates to make a telecast feasible. So for the third straight year, there was no telecast.
- The 2010 game was the first time ever that the Pro Bowl was held prior to the championship game. It was held the weekend before Super Bowl XLIV. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the move was made after looking at alternatives to strengthen the Pro Bowl. The game was also moved up in order to prevent a conflict that would have occurred if the game had taken place on February 13 or 14 (CBS would have rights, and based on the 52nd Grammy Awards, would have moved the game to the Saturday, as they did in 2007), with the game facing against the NBA All-Star Game, Winter Olympics, and Daytona 500.
- CBS gave up the rights to the 2013 game to NBC.
- ESPN will have the rights to the Pro Bowl for eight years beginning in 2015.
- ↑ 1986 ABC NFL Pro Bowl Promo on YouTube
- ↑ "NFL lifts TV blackout as Pro Bowl nears sellout". Archived from the original on February 11, 2009.
- ↑ "Pro Bowl Blackout Date Extended". KHOU-TV. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011.
- ↑ "1995 AFC-NFC Pro Bowl". Hollywood.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2008.
- ↑ "40th Season of Monday Night Football". ESPN. April 14, 2009. Archived from the original on September 4, 2009.
- ↑ Fang, Ken (January 26, 2012). "NBC Kicks Off Super Bowl Week With the 2012 Pro Bowl From Hawaii". Fang's Bites (blog). Archived from the original on January 27, 2012. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Pro Bowl to precede Super Bowl". ESPN. December 30, 2008. Archived from the original on January 27, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2008.
- ↑ "2010 Pro Bowl moving to Miami, will be played before Super Bowl". NFL.com. December 30, 2008. Archived from the original on January 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2008.
- ↑ "Notes: CBS Gives 2013 Pro Bowl to NBC (Also: Olympic Streaming, Music City Bowl)". Sports Media Watch. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- ↑ Malloy, Tim; Lucas Shaw (September 8, 2011). "'Monday Night Football' to Remain on ESPN Through 2021". TheWrap.com. Archived from the original on January 27, 2012. Retrieved September 9, 2011.