List of Jain ascetics
See also: List of Jains
|Part of a series on|
- Indrabhuti Gautama
- Bhadrabahu, c. 4th century BCE. Last acharya of undivided Jain sangha.
- Kundakunda- 1st century BCE
- Sudharma Swami
- Umaswati- Author of the Jain text, Tattvarthsutra
- Acharya Samantabhadra - Author of The Ratnakaranda śrāvakācāra, Āpta-mīmāṁsā, Svayambhustotra
- Akalanka, c. 8th century CE. Digambara acharya known for his works on Jain logic.
- Nemichandra Siddhant Chakravarti- Author of Gommatsāra
- Yativṛṣabha- Author of Tiloya Panatti
- Virasena, Digambara, 790–825 CE
- Aryanandi, 20th century Digambara acharya
- Vidyasagar, Digambara, Born 1946
- Ganeshprasad Varni, 1874–1961 CE. Digambara. Founder of many Jain Institutions.
- Ilango Adigal
- Jambu Swami
- Jinasena, Digambara, preceptor of the Rashtrakuta rulers, 800–880 CE.
- Jinendra Varni
- Manatunga composer of Bhaktamara Stotra
- Shantisagar, Digambara, 1872–1955
- Siddhasena Divakara, 5th century CE
- Acharya Deshbhushan- Jain Acharya of the 20th century
- Acharya Vidyananda - Acharya of the 20th Century
- Adikavi Pampa - poet, one of the "three gems of Kannada literature".
- Acharya Vardhmansagar Born 1950
- Somadeva Suri
- Sushil Kumar
- Rajendra, Śvētāmbara, 1827–1906
- Ram Chandra, Śvētāmbara, Samvat 1952–2047
- Acharya Vimalsagar - Jain Acharya of the 20th century
- Anand Rishiji Maharaj
- Andayya - Kannada poet
- Haribhadra - 12th century philosopher
- Kanji Swami - 20th century philosopher/mystic
- Ranna - poet, one of the "three gems of Kannada literature".
- Sri Ponna - poet, one of the "three gems of Kannada literature". He was honoured by the title Kavichakravarthi for his prowess and domination of the Kannada literary circles at that time.
- Muni Tarunsagar - Jain monk
- Bhikshu, 1726–1803 CE. Creator of Terapanthi sect of Jainism.
- Vijayanandsuri - Guru of Acharya Vallabsuriji
- Haribhadra, c. 7th century CE. Śvētāmbara.
- Hemachandra, 1089–1172 CE. Śvētāmbara.
- Hiravijaya, Śvētāmbara; he was invited by Akbar, the Mughal emperor
- Acharya Mahaprajna - Acharya of Terapanth sect
- Tulsi (Jain monk)
- Acharya Rajendrasuri - Jain Acharya of the 20th century
- Acharya Mahasharman - 11th Acharya of Jain Swetamber Terapanth Community.
- Acharya Vijay Vallabh suri
- Jain 2012, p. v.
- Lal, Mohan (2006). The Encyclopedia of Indian Literature (Volume five: Sasay to Zorgot). Sahitya Akademi. p. 4098. ISBN 8126012218.
- Hemachandra, Acharya (1998). R.C.C. Fynes, ed. The Lives of the Jain Elders. Oxford World's Classics.
- A History of Kannada Literature. Asian Educational Services, India. 1982. p. 44. ISBN 81-206-0063-0.
- Great Thinkers of the Eastern World (1995), I.P.McGreal (ed.), Harper Collins, New York.
- "Kanji Swami". Cs.colostate.edu. 1980-11-28. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Holy People of the World: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia, Volume 1 By Phyllis G. Jestice, ABC-CLIO, 2004, p. 464.