List of Green Bay Packers retired numbers
The Green Bay Packers are an American football team in the National Football League. Since their founding 97 years ago in 1919, six players have had their uniform numbers officially retired. All six are also members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
|No.||Player Name||Position||Seasons with franchise||Year number retired||References|
|Canadeo, TonyTony Canadeo||Halfback||1941–44
|Favre, BrettBrett Favre||Quarterback||1992–2007||2015|
|Hutson, DonDon Hutson||Wide receiver||1935–45||1951|
|Starr, BartBart Starr||Quarterback||1956–71||1973|
|Nitschke, RayRay Nitschke||Linebacker||1958–72||1983|
|White, ReggieReggie White||Defensive end||1993–98||2005|
- Tony Canadeo
- Brett Favre
- Don Hutson
- Bart Starr
- Ray Nitschke
- Reggie White
Founder, coach and player Curly Lambeau is the only Packer credited with wearing jersey number 1. It has yet to be retired.
Paul Hornung's No. 5 was unofficially retired at the Packers' annual press party on July 10, 1967, although there has not been a ceremony to put his number on the wall of retired numbers at Lambeau Field.
In the 2013 training camp pre-season games, jersey No. 1 has been worn by rookie wide receiver Alex Gillett, and No. 5 by rookie wide receiver Omarius Hines. Quarterback Don Majkowski wore No. 5 his rookie season (1987) before switching to No. 7.
- In 1961, kicker Ben Agajanian, who played only three games for the Packers, wore Canadeo's No. 3 after being assigned it by mistake.
- "Green Bay Packers Team Page - NFL.com". NFL. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Retired Numbers - Packers.com". Green Bay Packers. Archived from the original on April 3, 2009. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Pro Football Hall of Famers by Team". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Tony Canadeo - Class of 1974". packers.com. Green Bay Packers. Retrieved July 23, 2016.
- Bellamy, Jason. "Retired Numbers Added To Lambeau Field". Packers.com. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Christl, Cliff. "No. 5 should hang on Lambeau wall". jsonline.com. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- Maxymuk, John (2003). Packers by the Numbers: Jersey Numbers and the Players who Wore Them (illustrated ed.). Big Earth Publishing. ISBN 1879483904.
- Johnson, Chuck (November 16, 1973). Packers Play Confusing Numbers Game The Milwaukee Journal. p. 14. Retrieved August 4, 2016.