Linda G. Alvarado
Linda G. Alvarado (born 1951) is President and Chief Executive Officer of Alvarado Construction, Inc., a large commercial and industrial general contracting/site management and design/build firm in Denver, CO. She is also President of Palo Alto, Inc. Restaurant Company, and co-owner of the Colorado Rockies baseball team.
Currently on the Board of 3M.
Alvardo a co-owner the major league baseball franchise, the Colorado Rockies. She is both the first hispanic female co-owner of a major league team, and the first woman ever involved in a formal bid for for ownership of a major league baseball team.
Awards and honors
- Revlon Business Woman of the Year (1996),
- Designated one of the 100 Most Influential Hispanics in America by Hispanic Business Magazine,
- Member of the President's Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans (1995–2001),
- The 1996 U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Woman of the Year distinction, honored by the prestigious Sara Lee Corporation Frontrunner Award,
- The 2001 Horatio Alger Award,
- Inducted into the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame (2002),
- Inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame (2003),
- Named to the White House Commission for Hispanic Excellence in Education,
- Named Woman of the Year by the Mexican American Foundation,
- The National Women’s Economic Alliance Director’s Choice Award.
- . Businessweek http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=564964&privcapId=4314828. Retrieved 27 September 2016. Missing or empty
- . Pitney Bowes http://www.pitneybowes.com/us/our-company/leadership-and-governance/linda-g-alvarado.html. Retrieved 27 September 2016. Missing or empty
- . Alvarado Construction http://www.alvaradoconstruction.com/index-1.html#Linda. Retrieved 27 September 2016. Missing or empty