|Member of the Utah Senate|
from the 10th district
Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Aaron Osmond|
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Residence||South Jordan, Utah|
|Alma mater||University of Utah|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)|
Early life, education, and career
Lincoln was born in Salt Lake County and lived there until he was a teenager, then being when his family moved to a town near San Francisco. While living in California as teenager, Lincoln wrote a conservative news column for his town's newspaper. He also ran for city council at the age of 18. At the age of 21 Lincoln moved back to Utah. Once back in Utah Lincoln got a degree from the University of Utah in Mass Communications. He has spent his professional career working in education as a teacher, principal, and as a school business manager. He is the president of the company Charter Solutions.
Senator Fillmore serves is the Senator of district 10 in Utah. Before being appointed to the Senate in 2016, he served as a county and state delegate for the Republican Party. He also has been a precinct, legislative, and regional chair for the party. Senator Fillmore is currently up for reelection because he was appointed to fill the last year of Senator Osmond's term. He currently has two challengers in the primary.
- Social Services Appropriations Subcommittee
- Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee
- Senate Education Committee
2016 sponsored bills
|Bill Number and Title||Status of BillPrimary|
|S.B. 95 General Obligation Bonds Amendments||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.B. 145 Property Taxes on Former Prison Property||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.B. 153 Self-Reliance Training for Public Assistance Recipients||Governor Signed 3/25/2016|
|S.B. 216 Department of Corrections Amendments||Governor Signed 3/23/2016|
|S.B. 235 Local District Tax Revisions||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.B. 242 Special Education Intensive Needs Fund Amendments||Governor Signed 3/23/2016|
|S.B. 244 School Funding Provisions||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.J.R. 14 Joint Resolution on Teacher Licensure Standards for The Twenty-First Century||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
- "Story Details - Governor Gary Herbert". www.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "About". Lincoln Fillmore. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Charter Solutions : About Us". chartersolutions.org. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Lincoln Fillmore - Ballotpedia". ballotpedia.org. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "District 10 Senator - Utah State Senate". senate.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "2016 -- Legislation(Senate)". le.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- Cortez, Marjorie. "Bill would require training for some public assistance recipients". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.