Lili Golestan (Taghavi Shirazi) (born 14 July 1944) is an Iranian translator, and owner and artistic director of the Golestan Gallery in Tehran. She is the daughter of the filmmaker and writer Ebrahim Golestan, the sister of the late photojournalist Kaveh Golestan and the mother of filmmaker Mani Haghighi.
She was born in Tehran in 1944. She spent a number of her formative years in Abadan, where her father worked as a filmmaker.
She was exposed to literature and the arts from an early age, being able to interact closely with up and coming personalities from the period.
Lili Golestan spent a number of years studying in Paris and upon her return to Iran found success as a translator and author. She is widely travelled and knowledgeable about a broad range of literature.
- How Babies are Made, Andrew Andry
- Life, War and Nothing Else, Oriana Fallaci
- The Strange Story of Spermato …
- Story Number 3, Eugène Ionesco
- Mira, Christopher Frank
- Tistou of the Green Thumbs, Maurice Druon
- Two Plays from Ancient China
- Sohrab Sepehri, Poet - Painter
- Chronicle of a Death Foretold Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Man Who Had Everything, Everything, Everything, Miguel Angel Asturias
- The Fragrance of Guava, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Hellenism, Yiannis Ritsos
- Citizen Pigeon, Romain Gary
- Stories and Myths, Leonardo da Vinci
- Ondine, Jean Giraudoux
- If on a Winter's Night a Traveler, Italo Calvino
- Hekayat-e Hal ("The Story of My Condition Now"), a long interview with Ahmad Mahmoud
- Six Memos for the Next Millenium, Italo Calvino
- A two volume book about Ali Hatami and his works
- Interview with Marcel Duchamp Pierre Cabanne
- About Colours, Wittgenstein
- Life with Picasso, Françoise Gilot
- Picasso, David Hockney
- Mark Rothko, Sean Scully
- Van Gogh, Gauguin
- Marcel Duchamp speaks about Readymades
- Majmooaye Honarhaye Tajasomi Moaser
Media related to Leyli Golestan at Wikimedia Commons