Early and personal life
He made his debut in the National Basketball Association on November 1, 1946. He played for the New York Knicks in the first game in NBA history, on November 1, 1946, scoring (14 points). He played for the Knicks from 1946–48.
- "Leo Gottlieb NBA & ABA Statistics". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Charles Salzberg (1998). From Set Shot to Slam Dunk: The Glory Days of Basketball in the Words of Those Who Played It. U of Nebraska Press. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Gottlieb, Leo 'Ace'". Jews In Sports @ Virtual Museum. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Jewish Sports Hall of Fame". Jewishsports.org. March 29, 1998. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Art Shamsky, Barry Zeman. The magnificent seasons. Retrieved August 11, 2011.