Kuwait Football Association
FIFA (1964) |
Kuwait have twice been suspended by FIFA for political interference since 2007 and are only being allowed to participate in the 2011 Asian Cup qualifying campaign and other international competitions on a provisional basis.
Contrary to the road map established by FIFA and the AFC, the Kuwaiti Public Authority for Youth and Sport has continued to interfere. Elections were held on 9 October in direct violation of the FIFA Executive Committee's May 2007 decision to the contrary. As a consequence, the committee recommended to the FIFA Executive Committee that the Kuwait Football Association be suspended. Kuwait's football federation board resigned days after world governing body FIFA suspended the Gulf Arab state. The suspension was lifted after the federation said it will ratify new statutes to prevent government interference in the sport as demanded by FIFA. "Otherwise FIFA will immediately suspend the (federation) again," FIFA said in a statement. The suspension is conditionally lifted and extended by the FIFA Congress in June 2009. FIFA is closely monitoring the situation within Kuwait.
On 16 October 2015, FIFA suspended Kuwait FA and all results from AFC Asian Cup and FIFA World Cup qualification are removed while all Kuwaiti teams that are participating in international competitions are withdrawn.
- VIVA Premier League
- Kuwaiti Division One
- Kuwaiti Futsal League
- Kuwait Joint League (defunct)
- Kuwait Emir Cup
- Kuwait Crown Prince Cup
- Al Khurafi Cup (defunct)
- Kuwait Federation Cup (defunct)
- Kuwait Super Cup
- Kuwaiti Futsal Federation Cup
- Kuwaiti Futsal Super Cup
- Kuwait Champions Challenge
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Title number(s) won||Date won||Previous Champions||Season|
|VIVA Premier League||Qadsia SC||17||April 16, 2016||Kuwait SC||2015-16|
|Kuwaiti Division One||Al-Fahaheel FC||2017-18|
|Kuwait Emir Cup||Kuwait SC||11||April 4, 2016||Qadsia SC||2015-16|
|Kuwait Crown Prince Cup||Al-Salmiya SC||2||January 13, 2016||Al-Arabi SC (Kuwait)||2015-16|
|Kuwait Super Cup||Kuwait SC||3||September 23, 2016||Kuwait SC||2016|
|Championship||Final champion(s)||Title number(s) won||Date won||Previous Champions||Season|
|Kuwait Federation Cup||Kazma SC||1||November 10, 2015||Kuwait SC||2015-16|
|Kuwait Joint League||Kuwait SC||2||1989||Al-Arabi SC (Kuwait)||1988-89|
|Al Khurafi Cup||Kazma SC||2||2007||Qadsia SC||2006-07|
- "AFC TELLS INDONESIA: PAY OR BE SACKED". The Straits Times. 28 August 1964.
- Kuwait hopeful of peace talks with FIFA. Sydney Morning Herald 27 Feb 2009
- Priority given to protection of FIFA principles and members 29 October 2007 FIFA.com
- Kuwait federation board quit over FIFA ban www.soccernet.com 1 Nov 2007
- FIFA lifts ban on Kuwait after it pledges to prevent government interference USA Today 11 Sept 2007
- Brazil 2014 host cities confirmed FIFA.com 31 May 2009
- Key decisions reached in Rio FIFA.com 31 Sept 2009 Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.