Location of Kumru within Turkey.
Location of Kumru in Turkey
|Coordinates: 40°52′28″N 37°15′50″E / 40.87444°N 37.26389°ECoordinates: 40°52′28″N 37°15′50″E / 40.87444°N 37.26389°E|
|• Mayor||Murat Hatipoğlu (AKP)|
|• District||362.61 km2 (140.00 sq mi)|
|Elevation||618 m (2,028 ft)|
|• District density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Kumru is a small, remote town sandwiched between two mountains, 33 km inland from the Black Sea coast. Ortaca which is locally known as Gebekse meaning Gebe Kilise is a village of Kumru. Ortaçokdeğirmen which got its name from the mills built on the rivers is another village of Kumru. It is located on the sides of Canik mountains and about 15 minutes to Ericek plateau where the most delicious mountain strawberry is naturally grown. It is possible to see 23 shades of green around Kumru and it is almost impossible to see the brown color of earth due to the vast forests.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Kumru, Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Kumru State Hospital (Turkish)
- Road map of Kumru and environs
- Various images of Kumru, Ordu
- Kumru news portal (Turkish)
- Kumru news website (Turkish)