|Type||Armoured fighting vehicle|
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Kornet anti-tank guided missile|
GAZ-562 or Cummins В180 or Cummins В215|
|Speed||125—140 km/h (78-88 mph)|
Kornet-D is a new Russian ATGM platform based on the GAZ-2975. It employs Kornet-EM missiles in both tandem-HEAT or thermobaric variants.
It is capable of launching a salvo of two missiles less than a second apart, either at a single target or at two different targets simultaneously. The two-missile salvo is intended to either defeat active protection systems or to ensure a single tank's destruction in the absence of an active protection system. Kornet-D is capable of a pseudo-fire-and-forget function, in that the fire control system of the missile launchers automatically tracks and guides each missile to their assigned targets without an operator's aid. The operator may switch targets or override missile guidance during the missile's flight.
Kornet-E anti-tank guided missile.
The main performance characteristics of the complex:
- Target engagement range - 150 - 10,000m
- Control System - Automatic with body-orientation of the laser beam
- Number of simultaneously engaged targets - 2
- Warhead penetration value - 1,300mm + 100mm
- TNT equivalent explosive - 7 kg
- Ammunition carried in each vehicle - 16 missiles; ready to fire - 8 missiles
- Deployment time - 7 seconds
Media related to Kornet-EM at Wikimedia Commons