|Traded as||IDX: KAEF|
|M. Syamsul Arifin|
Number of employees
History of Kimia Farma (KF) began around 1957, when the takeover of the Dutch-owned company engaged in the field of pharmacy by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia. Companies that experienced the nationalization include N. V. Pharmaceutische Svereneging J. Hendel Van Gorkom & Co., (Jakarta), N. V. Handle Chemicalier Rathcamp & Co., (Jakarta), N. V. Bandoengsche quinine Fabriek, (Bandung), N. V. Jodium Onderneming Watoedakon (Mojokerto) and N. V. Verband Stoffe Fabriek (Surakarta).
Under Law. 86 In 1956, the Indonesian government nationalized the Dutch pharmaceutical company and according to Government Regulation no. 69 in 1968 its status was changed to the State Pharmaceutical Company (PNF). State Pharmaceutical companies are PNF Radja Farma (Jakarta), PNF Conscience Farma (Jakarta), PNF Nakula Farma (Jakarta), PNF Bio Farma, State Enterprise (PN) Bhineka Kina Farma (Bandung), PN Sari Husada (Yogyakarta) and PN Pharmaceuticals and medical devices Kasa Husada (Surabaya).
On 23 January 1969, based on PP. 3 In 1969 the company - the company is merged into PNF Bhineka Kimia Farma with the law enforcement and simplification of state enterprises. Furthermore, on August 16, 1971, the State Pharmaceutical companies are experiencing a transition Kimia Farma legal form into State Owned status as a Limited Liability Company, thus further into PT. Kimia Farma (Persero).
In 1998, ASEAN economic crisis that resulted in the state budget and the budgets defist experiencing growing national debt. To reduce the burden of debt, the government issued a policy of privatization. Based on the Letter of Minister of State for Investment and Development of State-. S-59/M-PM.BUMN/2000 dated 7 March 2000, PT. Kimia Farma privatized.
To be able to manage the company more focused and growing rapidly, the directors of PT. Kimia Farma (Limited) established two subsidiaries on the 4th of January 2002, PT. Pharmacy and PT Kimia Farma. Kimia Farma Trading and Distribution. On July 4, 2002 PT. Kimia Farma Tbk. officially listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSX) and the Surabaya Stock Exchange (BES) as a public company and changed its name to PT. Kimia Farma (Persero), Tbk.
- Jakarta Plant produces dosage tablets, coated tablets, capsules, granules, syrup, dry suspension / syrup, eye drops, creams, antibiotics and injections.
- Bandung Plant produces raw materials and derivatives quinine, rifampicin, medicine native to Indonesia and an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Semarang Factory specialized in the production of castor oil, vegetable oils and cosmetics (talc).
- Watudakon Factory in East Java is the only plant that processes mine iodine in Indonesia.
- Tanjung Morawa Factory in Padang, North Sumatra, devoted to supply drugs in Sumatra.
To expand their company, Kimia Farma was to open a branch drugstore in Malaysia, as revealed in 2012.
- "Indonesia-Investments.com:Kimia Farma company profile". April 8, 2014.
- Sejarah PT Kimia Farma
- Pabrik Kimia Farma
- "Kimia Farma ekspansi apotek ke Malaysia". 14 May 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2012.