Kevin VanDam (born October 14, 1967), often called simply "KVD," is a professional bass fisherman from Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is the all-time money winner in professional bass fishing, having earned $5.66 million through September 2014. He has captured four Bassmaster Classic titles (2001, 2005, 2010, 2011), seven Toyota Tundra Angler of Year titles (1992, ‘96, ‘99, ‘08, ‘09, '10, "11) and was also the FLW Angler of the Year in 2001. VanDam has predominantly fished the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society (BASS) Bassmasters tournament series during his career.
VanDam began his career in 1990 at the age of 23. In 1992, he became the youngest person to win the BASS Angler of the Year title, at age 25. He and Rick Clunn are the only anglers to have won four Bassmaster Classic titles. His 22 career BASS tournament series wins are the most career wins on the Bassmasters tournament trail.Vandam also has 105 top 10 finishes, 167 top 20 finishes, and 206 top 30 finishes through 2016. VanDam was honored with the first-ever Outdoorsman of the Year ESPY Award by ESPN in 2002.
Born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and graduated from Otsego High School, VanDam still resides there with his wife, Sherry, and sons Jackson and Nicholas. VanDam is sponsored on the BASS Bassmasters tournament trail by Nitro, Mercury Marine, Toyota, Strike King, Mustad, Plano, MotorGuide, Quantum, Bass Pro Shops, Humminbird, Oakley, D&R Sports, Biosonix and RMR Industries.
- 4 Bassmaster Classic Titles
- 7 Angler of the Year Titles
- Career winnings: more than $6,300,000 (B.A.S.S. and FLW)
- Career Top Ten finishes: 105
- Times in the BASSMASTER Classic: 25
- Tournaments Won: 22 (B.A.S.S.)
- Tournaments Runner-Up: 15
- Vandam, Kevin. "Kevin VanDam". www.bassmaster.com. B.A.S.S. LLC. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Official Website
- Anglers' Legacy feature
- Bass Fan bio (extensive stats)
- Kevin VanDam CATT/Outdoor Alliance Fishing seminar
- The Woman Behind the Man (ESPN story)
- Bassmaster.com profile