|Broadcast area||Fresno, California|
|Branding||Fox Sports AM1340|
|Slogan||Fresno's Sports Station|
|First air date||1953|
|Transmitter coordinates||36°45′51″N 119°47′08″W / 36.76417°N 119.78556°W|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio, NBC Sports Radio, Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network|
iHeartMedia, Inc. |
(Capstar TX LLC)
KALZ, KBOS, KRZR, KFSO, KHGE, KRDU, KFBT, KSOF|
KCBL is an American sports talk radio station broadcasting on 1340 AM. Established in 1953 (As KMAK - cf. Fresno Bee Radio Log) and licensed to serve Fresno, California, USA, the station is currently owned by iHeartMedia, Inc.. The station switched to the current "KCBL" call sign on December 16, 1996. Its studios are located on Shaw Avenue in North Fresno, and the transmitter tower is north of downtown near Fresno City College.
The first station to occupy the 1340 dial position in Fresno was KFRE (cf. White's Radio Log, May 1942) which later took over 940 kHz from KTKC, Visalia.
KCBL serves as the local affiliate for Fox Sports Radio and NBC Sports Radio.
- "KCBL Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- "Directory of AM and FM Stations and Market Data for the United States". 1954 Broadcasting Yearbook-Marketbook. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1954. p. 84.
- FCC History Cards for KCBL
- KCBL official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KCBL
- Radio-Locator Information on KCBL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KCBL