Juan de Zavala, 1st Marquis of Sierra Bullones
Don Juan de Zavala y de la Puente, 1st Marquis of Sierra Bullones Grandee of Spain, 5th Marquis of Torreblanca, 3rd Marquis of la Puente y Sotomayor and 6th Count of Villaseñor (Lima, Peru, 1804 – Madrid, Spain, 1879) was a Spanish noble and politician. After fighting in the First Carlist War, the Marquess served as Prime Minister of Spain.
Was the son of the Peruvian Pedro José de Zavala y Bravo de Rivero, 7th Marquis of San Lorenzo, and Grimanesa de la Puente y Bravo de Lagunas, marchioness de la Puente
Marriage and issue
He married on 1839 María del Pilar de Guzmán, 24ht Duchess of Nájera, and had five children:
- Juan de Zavala, 25th Duke of Nájera, husband of Caroliba Santamarca, 2nd Countess of Santamarca.
- Luis de Zavala, 26th Duke of Nájera, married to Guillermina Heredia y Barrón.
- María del Pilar de Zavala, 20th Marquise of Aguilar de Campoo, married to Ventura García-Sancho, 1st Count of Consuegra.
- Juana de Zavala, 7th Countess of Villaseñor, married to Camilo Hurtado de Amézaga, 6th Marquis of the Riscal.
- María Grimanesa de Zavala, 7th Marquise of San Lorenzo del Valleumbroso, married to Juan Larios y Enríquez.
Claudio Antón de Luzuriaga
|Minister of State
6 June 1855 – 14 July 1856
| Succeeded by|
Nicomedes Pastor Díaz