Josh Cooper (wide receiver)
Cooper in the 2012 NFL season
|Date of birth:||January 8, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Mustang, Oklahoma|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Mustang (OK)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Cooper attended and played football at Mustang High School in Mustang, Oklahoma. During his senior season in high school, Cooper caught 81 passes for 1,328 yards and had 15 touchdowns while the team went 10-2. On defense, Cooper accounted for 84 tackles and 6 interceptions. He also kicked eight successful field goals.
Josh Cooper played college football at Oklahoma State University. He was a redshirt in 2007. In 2008 as a freshman, Cooper had 2 catches for 10 ten yards, and 0 touchdowns. In 2009 as a sophomore, Cooper had 20 receptions for 234 yards, and 1 touchdown. In 2010 as a junior, Cooper had 68 catches, 736 receiving yards, and five touchdowns ranking second behind eventual first round draft choice Justin Blackmon. Cooper also returned punts in college, averaging 9.6 yards per return for his career. He returned 1 for a touchdown.
Cooper signed with the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent after the 2012 NFL Draft. He is thought to have a good chance stay with Cleveland because he was a favorite target of QB Brandon Weeden, having built a chemistry from when they played together as part of Oklahoma State Cowboys football. He was released on May 19, 2014.
The Minnesota Vikings signed Cooper on June 13, 2014. He was waived on July 25, 2014.
- "Josh Cooper Profile". Oklahoma State University. 2012. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Josh Cooper, DS #77 WR, Oklahoma State. (n.d.). Retrieved December 10, 2012, from NFLDraftScout.com website: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ dsprofile.php?pyid=69439&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR
- Hangst, Andrea (April 30, 2012). "Tracking Cleveland Browns' 2012 NFL Undrafted Free-Agent Signings". BleacherReport. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "Browns add seven to roster". ClevelandBrowns.com. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- Wilkening, Mike. "Vikings sign two receivers, place Captain Munnerlyn on PUP". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 25 July 2014.