Rivera in May 2009 promoting Up
|Born||Castro Valley, California|
|Alma mater||San Francisco State University|
|Notable work||Up, Inside Out|
Rivera was born and raised in Castro Valley, California. As a boy, he wanted to become an animator, but according to him, he could not draw: "I was a terrible artist, and I still am." Rivera graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Film Production.
In 1994, in the last year of making Toy Story, he joined Pixar as the first production intern: "I saw Luxo Jr. in a class and liked it so much I cold-called Pixar." Since then he worked on almost every Pixar film, at first as a coordinator and manager. In 2009, as the producer of Up, he received a nomination for Academy Award for Best Picture. Rivera also produced Pete Docter's Inside Out (2015).
- Toy Story (1995) – Production office assistant
- A Bug's Life (1998) – Art department coordinator
- Toy Story 2 (1999) – A marketing and creative resources coordinator
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) – Art department manager
- Cars (2006) – Production manager, voice of "Boost"
- Up (2009) – Producer (and executive producer of associated short film George & A.J.)
- Inside Out (2015) – Producer
- Riley's First Date? (2015) - Executive Producer
- Hartlaub, Peter (March 6, 2010). "Q&A: "Up" producer and Oscar nominee Jonas Rivera". SFGate. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Jonas Rivera". Pixar Weekend. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Hartlaub, Peter (March 6, 2010). "'Up' producer Jonas Rivera dreams of Oscar". SFGate. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Kiefer, Jonathan (June 2006). "Pixar at Twenty". Diablo Magazine. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "The 82nd Academy Awards (2010) Nominees and Winners". The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. March 7, 2010. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Molloy, Tim (August 20, 2011). "Disney Announces Two New Pixar Films From 'Up' Co-Directors". Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Arrant, Chris (April 25, 2012). "Pixar Releases Upcoming Film Slate at CinemaCon". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Disney Pixar (August 27, 2014). "A pitcher-perfect family at this weekend's Oakland A's game. Producer Jonas Rivera, his wife Michele, their son William, and the A's mascot Stomper the Elephant were all there to celebrate Jonas throwing the first pitch.". Instagram. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonas Rivera.|