|Ceased operation||July 1995|
|Service area||Sunderland, England|
|Service type||Bus operator|
The Jolly Bus trademark features were both the colour, cream with a brown stripe, and the rear seat, made of varnished wooden slats. WH Jolly also ran a small number of coaches.
After the company closed the buses were sold to other companies. It is believed Duple Dominant bodied Bedford YMT KTY 23X was sold to Emsworth & District before being donated to Asia Bus Response, as a response to the Tsunami Disaster of 26 December 2004.
Duple Dominant bodied Bedford YMTs BGR 683W and BGR 684W were sold to Minsterley Motors, the latter operated until at least 2006 as a school bus for Mary Webb School and Science College in Pontesbury. It has since been preserved.
- Two Sunderland appeals dismissed Commercial Motor 30 April 1965
- Corporation loses routes battle Commercial Motor 31 March 1967
- South Hylton Jolly Bus BBC News 1986
- Jolly Buses South Hylton Local History Society
- Minutes of Shropshire Council Joint Children & Environment School Transport Service Scrutiny panel meeting Shropshire Council 22 February 2007
- Bus returns to its routes Sunderland Echo 21 May 2009
- Duple Dominant bodied Bedford YMT BGR 684W North East Bus Preservation Trust