Joe Greene (athlete)
|Full name||Joseph Tilford Lee Greene|
February 17, 1967 (age 49)|
Dayton, Ohio, U.S.
He competed for the United States in the 1992 Summer Olympics held in Barcelona, Spain in the Long Jump where he won the bronze medal. He repeated this performance four years later winning a second bronze in the 1996 Summer Olympics held in Atlanta, United States. Both competitions were won by Carl Lewis.
In August 2008, Greene's 1996 Olympic bronze medal was available for auction on the internet auction giant eBay. Both the 1996 Atlanta and 1992 Barcelona bronze medals were also briefly seen on the History Channel show Pawn Stars.
- "Joe Greene". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- "Joe Greene". usatf.org. USA Track & Field. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- "Video of Rick discussing medals". History Channel.
- "Las Vegas pawnshop where some special sports items come complete with a story". Las Vegas Sun.
- "'Pawn Stars' glitters". Las Vegas Review-Journal.