|Awarded for||the top return specialist in college football|
|Currently held by||Christian McCaffrey, Stanford|
Joe Adams was announced as the first winner on March 29, 2012.
Beginning with the 2012 Award ceremony, in addition to being given to the annual award winner, the Rodgers Award will be presented retroactively one decade at a time, starting with the 1959–1969 winners.
|2012||Tavon Austin||West Virginia|
|2014||Tyler Lockett||Kansas State|
- Kercheval, Ben (March 29, 2012). "Joe Adams comes away with Johnny Rodgers Award". NBC Sports. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Kaipust, Rich (March 27, 2012). "Johnny Rodgers introduces new award". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Another Award for Tavon". West Virginia University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- AP (9 January 2014). "Ty Montgomery wins Jet Award". ESPN.com. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Barnett, Zach (March 19, 2015). "K-State's Tyler Lockett wins Jet Award (What is the Jet Award?)". NBC Sports. Retrieved May 19, 2015.