Jesús, nuestro Señor
|Jesús, nuestro Señor|
|Directed by||Miguel Zacarías|
|Produced by||Alfredo Zacarías|
|Screenplay by||Alfredo Zacarías|
|Based on||The Four Gospels|
|Music by||Enrico C. Cabiati|
|Edited by||Federico Landeros|
|Distributed by||Panorama Films|
Jesús, nuestro Señor (English: Jesus, our Lord) is a 1971 Mexican religious epic film starring Claudio Brook in the title role as Jesus. It was directed by Miguel Zacarías and produced and written by Alfredo Zacarías. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Narciso Busquets, Elsa Cárdenas, Pancho Córdova, and Carlos Agostí.
- In a scene in which Jesus enters Jerusalem, the houses at Guanajuato were almost seen
- In another scene, the crowd gathered for the Sermon on the Mount scene amidst the volcano Popocatepetl as the backdrop
- In this film most of the scenes were filmed in 1969, and couple of them were filmed in 1970.
- The 1st Movie of Claudio Brook filmed coming back to his home country from Europe.
Differences Between the Film and the Gospel
- The presence of John the Apostle is only appeared on the Gospels when Jesus called the first four apostles. In the film, in the Baptism scene, John was looking for the Messiah by approaching another John, the Baptist.
- The Crucifixion scene is followed directly by the appearance of Christ to the Apostles and the Ascension scene. In the Gospels, the death of Jesus is followed by the burial and resurrection before going to the Ascension.
- The Pater Noster is supposed to be used during the Sermon at the Mount scenes in most film adaptations of Jesus. This prayer is said by apostles followed by an act of Benediction by Jesus to them before going up to Heaven.
- Historia documental del cine mexicano: 1964 - 1965: Volume 12 Emilio García Riera - 1994 Jesús Nuestro Señor Producción (1970): Panorama Films, Alfredo Zacarías; productor ejecutivo: Anuar Badín; gerente de producción: José ... Estrenada el 8 de abril de 1971 en los cines Mariscala, Orfeón, Carrusel, De la Villa, Opera
- Diccionario de escritores mexicanos, siglo XX Page 425 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. Centro de Estudios Literarios - 2007Jesús nuestro señor, argumento de Alfredo Zacarías basado en los evangelios, adap. y dir. de MZ, estr. en 1971.