Jerry Stevenson (politician)
|Member of the Utah Senate|
from the 21st district
Assumed office |
January 25, 2010
|Preceded by||Sheldon Killpack|
|Alma mater||Utah State University|
Jerry W. Stevenson is an American politician and a Republican member of the Utah State Senate representing District 21 since his January 25, 2010 appointment to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Sheldon Killpack. Stevenson was mayor of Layton from 1994 until 2006.
Early Life, Education, and Career
Stevenson attended Utah State University. He has worked as a Weber State University Trustee, the Wasatch Integrated Energy Chair, doing Military Installation, and as the UTA Rail Committee Chair. His primary profession is as a private business owner. Stevenson is married and has children and grandchildren.
- Business Owner
- Weber State University Board of Trusties (chair)
- Envision Utah (former chair)
- DATC Board of Trustees
- Layton City Government
- Layton City Planning Commission (6 years)
- Layton City Council (8 years)
- Layton City Mayor (12 years)
- Business, Economic Development, and Labor Appropriations Subcommittee
- Executive Appropriations Committee (Senate Vice Chair)
- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
- Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee
- Senate Education Committee
- Senate Ethics Committee
2016 sponsored bills
|Bill Number||Bill Title||Bill Status|
|S.B. 8||State Agency and Higher Education Compensation Appropriations||Governor Signed 3/17/2016|
|S.B. 114||Municipal Utilities Amendments||Senate/To Governor 3/18/2016|
|S.B. 217||Alcoholic Beverage Control Act Licensing Amendments||Governor Signed 3/18/2016|
|S.B. 250||Alcoholic Beverage Policy Amendments||Governor Signed 3/18/2016|
|S.B. 259||Amendments Related to Alcoholic Beverages||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.C.R 8||Concurrent Resolution Approving the Test and Training Range Land Exchange||Governor Signed 3/10/2016|
|S.C.R 16||Concurrent Resolution on Utah's Vision for Enduring Contribution to the Common Defense||Governor Signed 3/18/2016|
During the 2016 legislative session Senator Stevenson sponsored and was the floor sponsor for many bills dealing with alcohol laws in Utah. His Senate Bill 250 regulates and clarifies the procedure to sell alcohol through drive up windows.
- "Stevenson, Jerry W.". Salt Lake City, Utah: Utah State Legislature. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "Jerry Stevenson's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "Jerry Stevenson". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "Jerry Stevenson Twitter". Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "District 21 Senator - Utah State Senate". senate.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Jerry Stevenson - Ballotpedia". ballotpedia.org. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "2016 -- Legislation(Senate)". le.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Romboy, Dennis. "Senate passes bill clarifying drive-thru alcohol sales". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Official page at the Utah State Legislature
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Jerry Stevenson at Ballotpedia
- Jerry W. Stevenson at the National Institute on Money in State Politics