|Date of birth:||June 17, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Nigeria|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||330 lb (150 kg)|
|High school:||New Castle (DE) William Penn|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2011|
Jeffrey C. Otah (born June 17, 1986) is a Nigerian American former American football offensive tackle. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Pittsburgh.
2008 NFL Draft
Coming in the 2008 NFL Draft Otah was considered by many scouts to be a top tackle prospect. The Carolina Panthers were reportedly very interested in him, evident by them sending head coach John Fox and General Manager Marty Hurney to his pro-day.
Reports of the Panthers being interested in Otah proved to be well founded after the team made a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles to trade up and to select him. He was selected with the 19th pick in the first round. Jeff became an immediate starter at right tackle early in training camp. He started in 12 of the possible 16 games his first season missing 4 due to injury.
Otah started the 2010 season recovering from what was then thought to be relatively minor knee surgery performed in mid-August. But on 9 November, the Panthers placed Otah on injured reserve, ending his season without him ever taking the field.
Otah was traded to the New York Jets for an undisclosed draft pick on July 23, 2012 contingent on his passing a physical for the team. After failing the initial test, the Jets placed Otah on the PUP/Active list on July 25. He had seven days to pass the test again or the trade would be nullified. On July 31, Otah failed his second physical thus voiding the trade and returning him to the Panthers. Otah was released by the Panthers two days later.
- "Jeff Otah Q&A". Panthers.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Otah pleased with Pro Day performance | TribLIVE". Pittsburghlive.com. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Carolina Panthers "trade up with Philadelphia Eagles, take Pittsburgh T Jeff Otah"". Realfootball365.com. 2008-04-26. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Jeff Otah heads to injured reserve | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Nov. 9, 2010 - 5:15 PM ET (2010-11-09). "Panthers RT Otah (knee) done for the season - NFL- NBC Sports". Nbcsports.msnbc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Vrentas, Jenny (23 July 2012). "Jets trade for offensive tackle Jeff Otah". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 23 July 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Cimini, Rich (25 July 2012). "Jeff Otah trade now on hold". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on 31 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (31 July 2012). "Jets parting ways with injured Jeff Otah a week after trade". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 31 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- Strickland, Bryan (2 August 2012). "Camp notes: Panthers release Otah". Carolina Panthers. Archived from the original on 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.