Howard in 2014
|No. 96 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||December 20, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Zachary, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Orlando (FL) Jones|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 114|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2016|
Jaye Howard (born December 20, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida, where he was a member of a BCS National Championship team. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
While attending the University of Florida on an athletic scholarship, Howard played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2008 to 2011. The coaching staff red-shirted him as true freshman in 2007, and played in nine games in 2008. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009, Howard played in twelve games during the Gators' undefeated regular season. During his 2010 junior year, he appeared in eleven games, starting eight of them, but missing the rest with an ankle injury. As a senior in 2011, Howard started all thirteen games in which he played, and memorably scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery against the Kentucky Wildcats. He finished his four-year Gators career with 131 tackles and 25.5 for a loss.
Kansas City Chiefs
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Fumble Return Yards||Passes Defended|
- Jaye Howard Drafted by Seattle Seahawks in the Fourth Round
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2011 Roster, Jaye Howard. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Farnsworth, Clare (August 31, 2013). "A closer look at the Seahawks' 53-man roster". Seahawks.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Thorman, Joel (September 1, 2013). "KC Chiefs with 7 waiver wire claims; 6 more roster cuts made". ArrowheadPride.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (March 9, 2016). "Derrick Johnson, Jaye Howard staying with Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Chiefs Sign DL Jaye Howard". Chiefs.com. March 10, 2016. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- McMullen, Matt (December 1, 2016). "DL Jaye Howard Placed on Injured Reserve". Chiefs.com.
- "Jaye Howard Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 13 April 2016.