|Founded||30 November 1976|
Joe Tortorice Jr., President|
Rusty Coco, Executive VP
Pete Verde, VP Operations
Pat Broussard, VP Facilities
|Products||Sandwiches, Salads, Spuds|
|Revenue||$500 million USD (2011)|
Jason's Deli was founded in Beaumont, Texas on 30 November 1976 by Joe Tortorice Jr. and his partners Rusty Coco, Pete Verde and Pat Broussard.
Joe and Rusty grew up in the food business. Their fathers owned neighborhood grocery stores in Beaumont. The original Jason's Deli location is still in operation at its original location at 112 Gateway St. The chain started franchising in 1988, with the first franchised store opened in Tucson, Arizona.
Today there are 258 locations in 28 states. As of August 2008, Jason's Deli ranked #1 in annual sales in QSR Magazine's Top Ten list of restaurant groups with under 300 locations. The parent company, Deli Management, Inc., owns the majority of the deli restaurants. In 2007, Jason's Deli opened a new "neighborhood deli" concept in Flower Mound, Texas with a smaller location and a slightly reduced menu.
The company offers a standard deli style menu including traditional sandwiches such as Po'boys and muffalettas. Each deli has a salad bar and a daily soup selection. They also serve other items, such as baked potatoes, pastas and salads.
In April 2005, the company completed a five-year plan to eliminate added trans-fats from its menu. In October 2008, the company eliminated high fructose corn syrup from its food.
Additionally, the company has eliminated MSG from all of its food.
Jason's Deli has also introduced gluten-free products.
Jason's Deli won the 2008 Nation's Restaurant News Golden Chain Award, and Restaurants & Institutions’ 2007 and 2006 Consumers’ Choice in Chains Gold Award in the sandwich segment.
- "Corporate Office Contact Information." Jason's Deli. Retrieved on February 25, 2010.
- "QSR Top 50 by Total Units". QSR Magazine. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Jason's Deli chain to go trans-fat-free by April 15". Nations Restaurant News. 2005. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- "Working to Keep It Real In His Chain of Delis". Washington Post. 2008-10-29. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Jason's Deli Becomes First U.S. Restaurant Chain to Ban HFCS from Its Menu". The Food Channel. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- Jason's Deli