|Publisher||Investir Publications SA|
|Final issue||February 2011|
|Company||Groupe les Echos|
Investir was a French language monthly business magazine published in Paris, France, between 1974 and 2011.
History and profile
Investir was established in 1974. It was relaunched in 1988. The magazine had been published by Hachette Filipacchi until 2001 when it began to be published Quebecor World Inc. It was part of Groupe les Echos, publishing subsidiary of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA. It was published monthly by Investir Publications SA and its headquarters was in Paris.
It provided in-depth analyses and practical tips for managing the assets to its readers and audience, including major companies in the country. The magazine founded Actionnaira which was a personal investment trade show and organized numerous trade-related events and activities.
The circulation of Investir was 108,000 copies in 1994. In 1997 the magazine had a circulation of 100,000 copies. Its circulation became 190,000 copies in 1999. At the beginning of the 2000s Investir was also one of three leading business magazines in France with higher circulation than the others.
Jacques Derouin was among the editors-in-chief of Investir who left the post in August 2005. He also held the same post for Investir Hebdo, a weekly sister magazine of Investir.
During the period of 2007-2008 the circulation of Investir was 98,000 copies. On 5 February 2011 the magazine merged with another business magazine, Journal des Finances, to form Investir-Le Journal des Finances.
- Jose L. Alvarez; Carmelo Mazza; Jordi Mur (October 1999). "The management publishing industry in Europe" (Occasional Paper). University of Navarra. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Investir Magazine". Publicitas.
- "Quebecor World INC. acquires Hachette Filipacchi printing assets in Europe". US Securities and Exchange Commission. Washington, DC. 27 September 2001. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Sharon Reier (11 November 2000). "On the Money in France: Trio of Magazines Caters to an Array of Tastes". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2008. Plunkett Research, Ltd. 1 April 2008. p. 325. ISBN 978-1-59392-110-1. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Investir and Journal des Finances to merge". Publicitas. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Investir Publications SA". Media Courier. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- Atti Della Fondazione Giorgio Ronchi Anno LXII N.3. Lucia Ronchi. p. 408. GGKEY:XUK4JBES9YA. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- Bertrand M. Roehner (28 August 2009). Hidden Collective Factors in Speculative Trading: A Study in Analytical Economics. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 84. ISBN 978-3-642-03048-2.
- "French investment mag loses editor". FeaturesExec. 25 August 2005. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- Anne Austin et. al. (2008). "Western Europe Market & Media Fact" (PDF). Optimedia. Retrieved 8 April 2015.