|Private limited company|
|Founded||Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom (2000 )|
|Headquarters||Bristol, United Kingdom|
Number of employees
|Parent||MAPFRE Asistencia Compañía Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A.|
In November 2005, InsureandGo claimed to be one of the first companies to remove the terrorism exclusion clause from their policies. InsureandGo also said that they had led the travel insurance market in doing this and urged other companies to do the same.
Due to the company's expansion, InsureandGo relocated to new offices in Southend-on-Sea in 2006, with the effect of bringing new jobs to the area. The company had bought Southend-based Travel Claims Services in September of the previous year.
In December 2006, InsureandGo hired chartered accountants BDO Stoy Hayward to explore its options, including the possibility of selling the company for a reported £100 million.
In August 2009, InsureandGo began giving customers the chance to offset their carbon emissions when they purchase a travel insurance policy. The company launched a new product called Travel Dispute Cover in early 2010. The cover, which could be purchased in addition to one of InsureandGo's travel insurance policies, provided legal assistance to travellers who had a contract breached by their tour operators, travel agents or hoteliers.
In May 2013, InsureandGo sponsored a one-day event in London called 'The World on Regent Street'. The event included activities and displays from a range of different countries, including China, Argentina, Trinidad and Tobago and Turkey.
During the summer of 2014, InsureandGo gave away free ice cream at London's Canary Wharf and the South Bank as part of its 'Around the World in 80 Scoops' event. The ice cream was manufactured by Southend-based Rossi Ice Cream, and featured strange flavours which had been inspired by different countries.
Purchase by MAPFRE ASISTENCIA
Spanish insurance company MAPFRE ASISTENCIA purchased InsureandGo in October 2010 for an undisclosed sum. InsureandGo is now a wholly owned subsidiary of MAPFRE Asistencia Compañia Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros Sociedad Anonima, which forms part of the MAPFRE Group.
Awards and recognition
InsureandGo was named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list, which ranks Britain's fastest growing privately held companies by growth in sales over the previous 3 years. They were included in the list in 2005 and 2006.
In 2008, InsureandGo was awarded twice at the Fast Growth Business Awards. The company was named the T-Mobile Fast Growth Business of the Year and was also named Online Business of the Year.
InsureandGo was chosen as TNT Magazine's 'Favourite Insurance Provider' in their Golden Backpack Awards 2012.
- "Annual report and financial statements". InsureandGo. 12 October 2016.
- "Annual report and financial statements". InsureandGo. 29 July 2015.
- "Annual report and financial statements". InsureandGo. 14 August 2014.
- "From fags to riches". Post Online. 18 May 2006.
- "Travellers face security crackdown". The Daily Telegraph. 12 November 2005.
- "Insurance firm scraps terrorism exclusion". Good Access Guide. 9 November 2005.
- "InsureandGo Leads Travel Insurance Market With Policies Free From Terrorism Exclusion". PR Newswire. 14 March 2006.
- "300 new jobs for Southend". Daily Gazette. 31 May 2006.
- "Braintree: 140 jobs go as business leaves town". Daily Gazette. 29 May 2006.
- "Call centre to create 300 new jobs". Braintree and Witham Times. 7 October 2006.
- "InsureandGo founders mull £100m sale". The Independent. 10 December 2006.
- "£100m sale possible for Insure and Go". Business Sale Report. 11 December 2006.
- "Insure and Go launches green travel product". Post Online. 28 August 2009.
- "Insurance Covers Holiday Disputes". Confused.com. 2 February 2010.
- "Policy to help pursue holiday claims". Yorkshire Post. 5 February 2010.
- "Regent Street brings nations together with: 'InsureandGo - The World On Regent Street'". 12 May 2013.
- "See the World on Regent Street this Sunday". The InsureandGo UK blog. InsureandGo UK. 8 May 2013.
- "Free ice cream on the South Bank: around the world in 80 scoops". Now. Here. This. Time Out. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Around the World in 80 Scoops". The InsureandGo UK blog. InsureandGo UK. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Around the world in 80 scoops with InsureandGo". Promotional Marketing. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "More than 100 jobs to go as call centre leaves Southend". Echo. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "InsureandGo reaches Australia". InsureandGo Australia. 21 January 2010.
- "Galway company creates job opportunities with launch of travel insurance website". Advertiser.ie. 3 November 2011.
- "Mapfre swoops for Insure & Go". Post Online. 1 November 2010.
- "About us". InsureandGo UK.
- "2005 Fast Track 100 league table - UK". Fast Track.
- "2006 Fast Track 100 league table - UK". Fast Track.
- "Winners 2008". Fast Growth Business Awards.
- "Insure and Go scores double victory". Growing Business Online. 13 May 2008.
- "InsureandGo scoops Fast Growth awards". SmallBizPod. 14 March 2008.
- "Customer Service Awards 2009 - the winners". Moneywise. 29 September 2009.
- "Golden Backpack Awards / Winners 2012". TNT Magazine.
- "InsureandGo UK wins Best Radio Advertising at The Travel Marketing Awards". LinkedIn Pulse. 2016-04-01. Retrieved 2016-10-13.