Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
|ইঞ্জিনিয়ার্স ইনস্টিটিউশন, বাংলাদেশ (আইইবি)|
উন্নত জগৎ গঠন করুন|
Build Better World
|Mohammad Kabir Ahmed Bhuiyan, FIEB|
The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh is the National Professional Organization of Engineers in the People's Republic of Bangladesh. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860) of the country. Within the country, it has 18 Centres and 31 Sub-Centres. It has 10 Overseas Chapters in Qatar, Thailand, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Australia.
After the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971, East Pakistan emerged as Bangladesh; and the Institute of Engineers, Pakistan was renamed as The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, which was originally founded in 1948, after the end of the British Rule in India; with its headquarters at Dhaka in Bangladesh. After the independence of Pakistan around the same time, a number of senior engineers took initiative to establish a professional forum of Engineers.
The Institute of Engineers and got its foundation stone laid by the Governor General of Pakistan on 7 May 1948 at Dhaka.
IEB has 7 divisions. They are-
- Civil Engineering Division
- Mechanical Engineering Division
- Electrical Engineering Division
- Chemical Engineering Division
- Agricultural Engineering Division
- Textile Engineering Division
- Computer Engineering Division
Every professional engineer of Bangladesh is invited to join the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh IEB. It has 41,545 members at the present moment, representing the nationwide engineering community.
Join IEB for participating in the advancement of engineering profession and become a member of a vibrant community that is proud to lead the country into the 21st century.
IEB membership has three categories - Fellowship, Membership and Associate Membership. These categories are based on the experience of the member in the engineering field.
- "Overseas Chapters". The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "IEB: The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh". The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "IEB: List of Accredited Program of the various Universities". The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh.