|Industry||Concert tours, event production, nightclub operation|
|Headquarters||Beverly Hills, United States|
|Pasquale Rotella (founder)|
|Products||EDMBiz conference, EDM festivals, music publishing|
|Divisions||Insomniac Records, Bassrush, Basscon, Dreamstate|
Insomniac Events is an American tour promoter focusing primarily on electronic music events. It organizes a number of major dance music festivals, including its flagship Electric Daisy Carnival, along with other events such as Beyond Wonderland, Nocturnal Wonderland, and also jointly organized the Together as One festival with rival promoter Go Ventures prior to 2011. Insomniac also organizes the EDMBiz conference (an industry event first held in 2012 to coincide with EDC in Las Vegas, in a similar fashion to the Winter Music Conference and the Ultra Music Festival). Insomniac is involved of the operation of two Los Angeles nightclubs—Create (in partnership with SBE, built on the site of the former Vanguard Hollywood) and Exchange L.A. Insomniac also organizes drum and bass and dubstep-oriented events under the brand Bassrush, Hardstyle events under the brand Basscon and trance festivals under the brand Dreamstate.
Overview and partnerships
By contrast to other promoters, Insomniac and its founder Pasquale Rotella places a larger emphasis on fan experiences during its events, as opposed to focusing on profits and ticket sales; Rotella has contended that music festivals do not require "big acts who sell out arenas", going as far as to praise the annual Burning Man festival for being an event with "no talent" at all.
In June 2013, Insomniac announced a number of partnerships; including one with Dick Clark Productions to produce a dance music awards show, and a major "creative partnership" with Live Nation that would allow Insomniac to take advantage of Live Nation's resources, while still retaining autonomy and creative control over its events. While specifics of the deal were not revealed, Rotella emphasized that the deal was not an acquisition, as had been speculated.
Laura Newton founded Ground Control in February 2011, where at every Insomniac festival, a group of 50-100 compassionate and proactive young adults works together to provide a unique and exceptional service for our guests. They lend a helping hand and a friendly face to anyone in need, as well as peace of mind for staff and attendees. They offer support in any situation without judgment and with only your best interests in mind.
|Distributor(s)||Interscope Geffen A&M|
|Genre||Electronic dance music|
|Country of origin||United States|
In May 2014, Insomniac announced the formation of Insomniac Records, an EDM record label created in partnership with Interscope Geffen A&M. The label will aim to attract both "undiscovered" and "established" producers; Arty was announced as the first artist to be signed to the label.
- Beyond Wonderland
- Crush (SoCal, SF, Phoenix, Dallas)
- Electric Daisy Carnival (Las Vegas, New York, Orlando, Brasil, Mexico, UK, Japan, India)
- Electric Forest
- Escape Halloween
- Middle Lands (recently announced)
- Nocturnal Wonderland
- Together as One (discontinued)
- White Wonderland (discontinued)
- Create Nightclub
- Noize Fridays
- Arcade Saturdays
- Exchange LA
- Awakening Fridays
- Inception Saturdays
- Electric Daisy Carnival (2000 album)
- Electric Daisy Carnival, Vol. 1 (2010 album)
- Electric Daisy Carnival Experience (2011 film)
- "Under the Electric Sky" (2013 film)
- "Insomniac and SBE announce new Hollywood EDM club Create". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Insomniac works to keep Exchange L.A. up all weekend". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Electric Daisy Chain: Insomniac and Dick Clark Prod. Plan 2014 EDM Awards". Spin. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Electric Daisy Founder Pasquale Rotella: 'We Don't Want to Book' Superstar DJs Anymore". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Live Nation Teams With Insomniac Events in 'Creative Partnership'". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Live Nation to Purchase 50% Stake in Insomniac Events (Report)". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Pasquale Rotella's Insomniac & Interscope Geffen A&M Launch New Imprint (Exclusive)". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Electric Daisy Carnival". Amazaon. Amazon. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Electric Daisy Carnival, Vol. 1 (Mixed by Kaskade)". iTunes. Apple. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Electric Daisy Carnival Experience". IMDB. IMDB. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Under the Electric Sky (2014)". IMDB. IMDB. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Insomniac Events.|