|Launched||January 1, 1995|
|Owned by||Canadian Broadcasting Corporation|
480i (SDTV 16:9) |
|Slogan||Quoi qu'il arrive (Whatever it happens)|
|Formerly called||Réseau de l'information (1998-2014)|
CBC News Network|
Ici Radio-Canada Télé
|Website||Ici RDI (French)|
Channel 126 (SD)|
Channel 1882 (HD)
Channel 730 (SD)|
Channel 394 /219 (HD)
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Check local listings|
Channel 803 (SD)|
Channel 903 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||
Channel 117 (SD)|
Channel 1117 (HD)
|MTS||Channel 139 (SD)|
Channel 8053 (SD)|
Channel 2053 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 273 (SD)|
Channel 15 (SD)|
Channel 515 (HD)
Channel 613 (HD) (ON)|
Channel 36 (HD) (QC)
|Zazeen||Channel 202 (HD)|
Ici RDI (stylized ICI RDI) is a Canadian French language Category C news channel operated by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The channel began broadcasting on January 1, 1995 as Réseau de l'information (English: Information Network). It is the French-language equivalent of CBC News Network.
Ici RDI is distributed on basic cable and satellite television to 9.8 million homes, including two million in Quebec and seen each week by half-million English viewers. The channel has mandatory carriage status for viewers outside Quebec.
Ici RDI relies on the news-gathering resources of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation:
- 400 journalists
- Ten newsrooms based in Maison Radio-Canada in Montreal
- 30 bureaus across Canada, and seven foreign bureaus
Ici RDI provides news, business, weather and sports information on Air Canada's inflight entertainment and is seen in five major Canadian airports as RDI express.
Ici RDI broadcasts full local, national and international newscasts at the top of each hour and headlines every half hour from the newsroom of La Maison de Radio-Canada in Montreal and Quebec City. Le Téléjournal Midi is broadcast each weekday at noon and the main evening news bulletin Le Téléjournal/Le Point every evening live at 9:00 p.m. (eastern). These bulletins are also seen on the main French-language television network, Ici Radio-Canada Télé. The channel covers big events live and also rebroadcasts the main supper-hour bulletins from CBVT-DT Quebec City, CBAFT-DT Moncton and CKTV-DT Saguenay.
The channel also broadcasts factual programs in the form of food program L'épicerie, current affairs in Les Grand Reportages (The Big Reports), science in Découverte (Discovery) and Tout le Monde en Parlait - a look back at past culture seen through the eyes of current events. During the weekend there is a greater amount of these programs, much in the same format as its English-language counterpart, the CBC News Network.
Ici RDI also carries Le Journal Télévisé de 20 heures from France 2, rebroadcasting it the following weekday at 4:30 p.m. (Eastern).
- RDI en direct (RDI Live) - hosted by Christine Fournier (9 a.m. Edition) Julie Drolet and Alexis De Lancer(1:30 p.m. Edition)
- Le Journal RDI (RDI Journal)
- Le Téléjournal Midi RDI anchored by Geneviève Asselin (12 p.m.)
- Sous la loupe - hosted by Isabelle Richer
- RDI Matin - hosted by Marc-André Mason and Martine Defoy (5 a.m.)
- Les coulisses du pouvoir - (The Corridors of Power), hosted by Emmanuelle Latraverse (Sunday) (12:30 a.m.)
- 24/60 (formerly 24 heures en 60 minutes) (24 Hours in 60 minutes) - hosted by Anne-Marie Dussault (7 p.m.)
- Les EX - (The EX's) hosted by Michel Viens(Monday to Thursday)(11:30 a.m.)
- Le Match des Élus - hosted by Michel Viens (Friday) (11:30 a.m.)
- La période de questions - (Question period) hosted by Michel Viens (Friday) (12:30 p.m.)
- En Direct avec Patrice Roy hosted by Patrice Roy (Monday to Friday) (5 p.m.)
- RDI Économie - hosted by Gérard Fillion (Monday to Friday) (6:30 p.m.)
- Grands reportages (The Big Reports)
- Le National hosted by Brigitte Bougie and Claudine Bourbonnais (Monday to Friday)(6 p.m. and 10:30 pm)
- RDI Matin Week-End - hosted by Martin Labrosse (Saturday and Sunday) (5:30 a.m.)
Ici Radio-Canada Télé Productions:
- Le Téléjournal - hosted by Céline Galipeau (Monday to Thursday) (10 p.m.) and Pascale Nadeau (Friday to Sunday) (10 p.m.)
- Le Téléjournal Acadie - from CBAFT-DT Moncton hosted by Janique LeBlanc (Monday to Friday) (6 p.m.) and Karine Godin (Saturday to Sunday) (6 p.m.)
- Le Téléjournal Québec - from CBVT-DT Québec City hosted by Bruno Savard (Monday to Friday) (6 p.m.) and Hugo Dumas (Saturday to Sunday) (6 p.m.)
- Le Téléjournal Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean - from CKTV-DT Saguenay hosted by Roger Lemay (Monday to Friday) (6 p.m.) and Priscilla Plamondon Lalancette (Saturday to Sunday) (6 p.m.)
- Le Téléjournal Midi - hosted by Geneviève Asselin
- L'Épicerie - hosted by Denis Gagné and Joane Despins (Saturday 5 p.m.) , (Sunday 1:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.)
- Les Coulisses du Pouvoir (The corridors of Power) - hosted by Emmanuelle Latraverse (Sunday) (12:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Découverte (Discovery)- hosted by Charles Tisseyre (Saturday 8 p.m.) (Sunday 2 a.m.)
- Enquête (Reports) - hosted by Marie-Maude Denis and Isabelle Richer (Sunday 2 a.m and 6 p.m.)
- Second Regard (A Second Look)- a religious show hosted by Alain Crevier (Sunday 10:30 p.m.)
- La Facture - a consumer affairs program hosted by Pierre Craig (Saturday 2:30 pm and 10:30 p.m) (Sunday 12:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
- La Semaine Verte (The Green Week) hosted by Catherine Mercier (Saturday 6 p.m.)
- Geneviève Asselin
- Marie-Josée Bouchard
- Brigitte Bougie
- Claudine Bourbonnais
- Martine Defoy
- Julie Drolet
- Anne-Marie Dussault
- Gérald Fillion
- Christine Fournier
- Céline Galipeau - Le Téléjournal 1re édition (The Telejournal First Edition) (evening from Monday to Thursday)
- Martin Labrosse
- Emmanuelle Latraverse
- Marc-André Masson
- Isabelle Richer
- Michel Viens
Former Governor General Michaëlle Jean hosted programs for both the English and French language CBC networks. She presented Grands Reportages on Ici RDI and The Passionate Eye on CBC News Network as well as having her own talk show, called Michaëlle. She also served as a substitute anchor on Le Téléjournal.
- Claude Desbiens, Le Monde ce matin (The World This Morning)
- Nathalie Chung, Aujourd'hui (week-end), Le monde ce soir (week-end)
- Claude Beauchamp, Capital Actions
- Michel Jean, Le Québec en direct (Quebec Live)
- Simon Durivage, Sans Détour
- Pascale Nadeau, Aujourd'hui (Today)
- Christine Fournier, Le Monde ce matin (The World This Morning)
- Pierre Chevrier, L'ouest en direct (The West Live)
- Michaëlle Jean, Le Canada aujourd'hui (Canada Today), Le Monde ce soir (The World This Evening)
- Geneviève Asselin, RDI week-end (RDI Weekend)
- Jean Groulx, L'Ontario en direct (Ontario Live)
- Daniel Poirier, L'Atlantique en direct (The Atlantic Live)
- Odette Gough, RDI en ligne (RDI Online)
- Michelle Vimly, Le Téléjournal 1re édition (The Telejournal First Edition)
- Bernard Derome, Le Téléjournal 1re édition (The Telejournal First Edition)
- Nancy Sabourin, Au travail (Work)
Slogans and branding
- L'information continue (Continuous information) 1995-?
- Source d'information (Source of information) 2006-2013. Advertised on-screen as analogous to a source of water, a source of energy etc.
- L'info en premier (News first) 2013–present
As with Ici Radio-Canada Télé, all programming aired on RDI began being produced in widescreen (and letterboxed on all standard definition feeds) on September 10, 2007. On May 2, 2008, RDI launched a high-definition simulcast, RDI HD.
1995-era RDI logo from first day of broadcast (screenshot).
Updated version of the original
Modified logo from the previous one, used until May 2, 2008.
Final logo as RDI 2008-2014
Logo of RDI HD.
- Retrieved 02-02-2014
- Broadcasting Decision 2013-372
- Corporate website. Retrieved 02-02-2014
- "First transformation step is to Recreate Radio-Canada" (Press release). CBC/Radio-Canada. June 5, 2013. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Branding: Radio-Canada corrects the record" (Press release). CBC/Radio-Canada. June 7, 2013. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- ""ICI"stands for "ICI Radio-Canada"" (Press release). CBC/Radio-Canada. June 6, 2013. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Le minister Moore reticent au changement de nom de Radio-Canada". Radio-Canada.ca (in French). Société Radio-Canada. June 5, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "New Brand Architecture" (PDF). News Releases. CBC/Radio-Canada French Services. June 6, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Official website (French)