|View/Edit Human||View/Edit Mouse|
The ITGA6 protein product is the integrin alpha chain alpha 6. Integrins are integral cell-surface proteins composed of an alpha chain and a beta chain. A given chain may combine with multiple partners resulting in different integrins. For example, alpha 6 may combine with beta 4 in the integrin referred to as TSP180, or with beta 1 in the integrin VLA-6. Integrins are known to participate in cell adhesion as well as cell-surface mediated signalling. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- "Diseases that are genetically associated with ITGA6 view/edit references on wikidata".
- "Human PubMed Reference:".
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:".
- "Entrez Gene: ITGA6 integrin, alpha 6".
- Tachibana I, Bodorova J, Berditchevski F, Zutter MM, Hemler ME (November 1997). "NAG-2, a novel transmembrane-4 superfamily (TM4SF) protein that complexes with integrins and other TM4SF proteins". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 272 (46): 29181–9. doi:10.1074/jbc.272.46.29181. PMID 9360996.
- Tani TT, Mercurio AM (September 2001). "PDZ interaction sites in integrin alpha subunits. T14853, TIP/GIPC binds to a type I recognition sequence in alpha 6A/alpha 5 and a novel sequence in alpha 6B". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 276 (39): 36535–42. doi:10.1074/jbc.M105785200. PMID 11479315.
- CD49f Antigen at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- ITGA6 Info with links in the Cell Migration Gateway