ISKCON Temple Ahmedabad
Location in Ahmedabad
|Proper name||Sri Sri Radha Govind Dham|
|Devanagari||श्री श्री राधा गोविन्द धाम|
|Coordinates||23°01′42″N 72°30′23″E / 23.0283407°N 72.5063281°ECoordinates: 23°01′42″N 72°30′23″E / 23.0283407°N 72.5063281°E|
|Location||Satellite Road, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway|
|Primary deity||Radha Govindji (Radha and Krishna)|
|Important festivals||Krishna Janmashtami, Rama Navami and Ratha-Yatra|
|Architectural styles||Hindu temple architecture and Rajasthani Khamira architectural styles|
|Number of temples||2 (Two)|
|History and governance|
Sri Sri Radha Govind Dham (Hindi: श्री श्री राधा गोविन्द धाम), commonly known as the ISKCON Ahmedabad Temple, is a well known Vaishnav temple of Lord Krishna and Radharani in the form of Radha Govindji. Opened in 1997, the temple was available for public viewing near the Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, located near the satellite area of Ahmedabad, India. It is one of the busiest tourist attractions that is visited in Ahmedabad. It is not just a temple but also a Vedic Learning Center in very scientific way.
Sri Sri Radha Govind Dham was built in 1997 on the orders of A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the founder-acharya of the ISKCON. Even today, it is regarded as one of the most popular temples in Ahmedabad.
The deities of the temple are Govindji and Radharani, Shrinathji at the central altar. On the right altar are Sita, Rama, Lakshmana & Hanumanji. On the left altar is a deities of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu with Nityananda Prabhu, and of Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and his spiritual teacher Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. Radha Govinda Dham enforces one of the highest standards of cleanliness and of deity worship in all of Ahmedabad.
As Vaishnavism, ISKCON has very high standard of worship, daily routine of temple is:-
- Mangala Aarti at 4.30 AM
- Tulasi Aarti at 5:00 AM
- Shringar Dharshan & Guru Pooja - 7:30 AM (Very Beautiful)
- Srimad Bhagavatam Class - 8:00 AM
- Dhoop Aarti - 8:30 AM
- Raj-Bhoga Aarti 12:00 PM Noon
- Temple Closes - 1:00 PM
- Pushpa Aarti - 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Sandhya Aarti - 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM
- Bhagavad Gita Class - 7:30 PM
- Daily lecture in Temple Hall on Bh. Gita / Srimad Bhagavatam.
- Regular Seminars and classes on understanding of Bhagavad Gita by highly qualified experts devotees who have very deep understanding in Vedic literatures on Bhakti Yoga.
ISKCON Ahmedabad holds daily discourses on various Vedic scriptures along with many regular seminar and courses. It also holds preaching programs as Nama Hatta and Congregation House Program at various places of Ahmedabad and to the House of the Devotees. One can watch ISKCON’s many international videos and relish hundreds of lectures, kirtans and bhajans. Food for Life program is the largest vegetarian food relief program in the world, ISKCON Ahmedabad is doing this activity daily in temple premises and also to various public parks & slum areas in Ahmedabad City. Under this program ISKCON Ahmedabad is serving Krishna Prasad to more than 100 Anganwadi which includes approximately 3000 children.
- ISKCON Mayapur
- http://ISKCON Mumbai
- ISKCON Punjabi Bagh & Vedic Centre Delhi
- ISKCON Temple Delhi
- ISKCON Temple Chennai
- ISKCON Temple Patna
- Gaudiya Vaishnavism
- Svayam Bhagavan
- "A Glorious Day For Gujarat". backtogodhead.in. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "ISKCON opens a grand new temple in Ahmedabad". backtogodhead.in. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Iskcon Temple Ahmedabad - TEMPLE SCHEDULE". iskconahmedabad.org. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Iskcon Temple Ahmedabad - PREACHING PROGRAMS". iskconahmedabad.org. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Iskcon Temple Ahmedabad - Activities". iskconahmedabad.org. Retrieved 2016-02-04.